or Connect

Posts by ZoeStarshine

Let me start by saying DD isn't teething right now, but she does seem to be fixated on chewing on things and general. Probably that whole, you know, being a baby thing. She's 15 months old and the past couple of months, when she's so inclined, she will bite down and when I yelp or try to disengage the nipple, she'll bite harder and pull back. Leaning forward, trying to squeeze a finger into to free my nipple, squeezing her cheeks (I don't know, I was desperate), nothing,...
I work 40+ hours a week in tech support for a major telecom company, but I recently accepted another tech support gig with benefits starting in a couple of months, so technically, as per my recent discussion with my boss who is reluctant to part with me, I will soon have one full-time job and another very part-time gig. I'm also a full-time student at my local community college with a 4.0 GPA. DD, who is breastfed and co-sleeps with DH because the bed is too small for...
The only thing is, my diet is 100% vegan and high in organic fruits and veggies. As far as intolerances go, there are definitely still things I could look at removing, though, like wheat or corn. We don't supplement with formula, but she has started solids, all 100% organic, mostly homemade or diced fruit/veg, the rest those awesome squeeze-pouches like Sprout/Plum Organics/etc   Miriam (aka DD) has continued to be a high needs baby, now sleeping 4-6 hours on an...
This is what I'm choosing to do while DH holds DD for a few minutes for me to decompress. DD and I co-sleep, I work full-time and take a few college courses, DH got laid off in October and has been doing the stay-at-home dad thing. DH sleeps on the couch because DD takes up a lot of room with her kicking and needs plenty of space or she can't get comfy. Eight months in, she'll sleep 10 hours at night with anyone else, but here she wakes up often at night screaming...
So let me preface this all by telling you I don't have any insurance, otherwise I wouldn't be bothering you guys.   Anyways, I'm six months into my breastfeeding relationship with DD and 3 weeks ago, I had my first plugged ducts arrive quite suddenly. I worked through them within 24 hours and all was good, except for the large, hard lumps in my breasts that have been there since I started nursing and never go down. Then, about a week later, I notice that every single...
THIS!  My stepmom actually won't watch DD because she says "she's hungry and if she's with me, I'ma have to feed her". She thinks that any time DD is fussy at all it's because we're "starving her" by only feeding our just-now four month old baby breastmilk. I love my dad and stepmom, but they are the absolute opposite of AP in every way and they believe when a child is in your care, you have the final say in what happens, even if their parent doesn't want that (for...
I hate to be that mom who starts new threads instead of reading back, but between the cloth diapers forum on reddit, reading old threads here and all the resources google has given me I AM SO CONFUSED. As a preface, we are pretty poor, live in a small apartment with no patio or outside area that is ours in a slum downtown (so no hanging to dry outside) and as a result of having no washer or dryer in the unit (and the high prices of using a laundromat), I handwash all of...
It has always been my understanding that babies are supposed to nursed on demand - as an adult, I don't even find myself eating on a schedule, let alone force my 3-month-old baby onto one. DD has been sleeping through the night of her own volition since she was seven weeks old - at least five hours, but more often seven or eight. She also nurses anywhere from every hour (from the start of one feeding to the start of the next) to every two and a half.   I went into...
I'm starting work at a call center 12/17 and the hours will be 10-7, 5 days per week. I'll be making $10 an hour (so will DH, working similar hours), so I can't afford the typical $10-12/hr nanny, but I need someone who is supportive of our cloth diapering DD, feeding her expressed BM and someone who won't just leave her in a crib or playpen all day (we lean towards AP - co-sleeping, babywearing, etc).   In this vein, I'm interested in a nannyshare situation or in a...
I encapsulated most of mine the nigjt she was born after we got home from.the birth center, but it was a bit of a task, so I ended up eating the part I didn't encapsulate the day after with some barbecue sauce. I am vegan and admittedly, in that form, it reminded me of what steak was like, but I liked it. I felt so close to DD eating it...but I admit I may sound like a wierdo saying it and YMMV.