or Connect

Posts by Jaspersmommy

Tracyamber, do you mean you have the Britax one or no?  The Britax is more expensive than the Graco by quite a bit...
Hello!   I need to purchase a new car seat for our second car for my 2 year old daughter.  She's a super tiny girl at 21 pounds and she's also very short (not even on the WHO charts for height).  I'd like to keep her rear facing until at least 4 if I can and I don't think that should be a problem given her size.  She's currently in a Marathon in our Rav4 and it seems to work well. She has never had much leg room and as such they have always been bent while riding but...
I recently found out that I'm pregnant and I'm still nursing my 17 month old.  I am overcome with guilt; can't sleep or function normally.  I'm so worried about losing my milk and her weaning.  I always wanted her to nurse for as long as she'd like as I nursed my son till he self-weaned at 5.  I feel horrible about this; like I'm taking away her right to nurse    I've read so many threads about mama's who lost their milk and sometimes baby weaned and sometimes not....
Thanks to everyone for all the responses!!   I have been trying to nurse her more frequently and making sure I offer both breasts as well.  I think she's getting more intake as her bowel movements have increased in size and frequency.  I'm not sure that her intake could really be an issue if her output is good.  She's has a ton of wet diapers (10+) each day and she usually has a bm daily also.  Could she still not be getting enough?   I'm trying to increase her...
Well that's the thing too, she's completely dropped off the charts in length/height.  She's grown 2 cms in 4 months but went from being in the 50th percentile for height to way below the chart.  My doc used the term flatlined.  Sigh.  That being said, both my husband and I are short people.  I'm 5'3 and he's about 5'4.     I know that genetics play a key role in height but she's completely dropped off the chart.  I could understand if she's thinning out from all the...
Hello,   I've read a lot of previous threads but I feel my situation is a little different so I'm posting...   Yesterday I took my 10.5 month old daughter to a well-baby check.  My doctor (who is usually very good and pro-bf) is quite concerned about her lack of growth. She's only gained a pound in the past 4 months and nothing in height.  Her birthweight was 6 pounds and she's now 16 pounds, 15 ounces.  She gained well in the first 6 months but seems to have...
The most delicious Kale Salad ever!  Keeps really well and seems to get better over time!     Dressing:       ¼ c apple cider vinegar. ½ c olive oil 2 tsps honey or agave ½ tsp salt ½ tsp  pepper ½ tsp dried oregano   Shake well and pour over kale. Add dried cranberries and toasted walnuts.  You can also add feta if you do cheese.  
Although this is an old thread, I couldn't help but comment.   I love the Bryan Kest Power Yoga series.  There are 3 routines that are about 50 minutes long and are fantastic.  Perhaps not for the beginner yogi but you can always work at your own pace.  These are more vinyasa style yoga so you'll get moving and sweat.  It brings all the benefits of a regular yoga practice and a great workout!
Thanks for all the information.  I ended up having a period but I don't believe it was ovulatory.  It was so different than my usual cycle both before pregnancy and after.  Here's to hoping I can have a nice stretch before I get another :)     It's nice knowing that I'm not the only one.  I found it strange because it is such a different experience than I had after my first pregnancy.  I am 7 years older so perhaps my body knows that the clock is ticking 
Thanks for your thoughts.  It's so strange because it seems to have tapered off.   I guess I was hoping someone would say they had some spotting and yet AF stayed far, far away ;)