or Connect

Posts by lilaviator

I haven't read the book, but it sounds like what we are already doing.  It works really well for us - my kids feel really engaged, and honestly, it is fun for us too!      My older son, btw, is using a book called "Blueprint for Geometry" where he is learning geometry by building a dog-house.   I see this as 'project-based' in a very literal kind of way, no?  And it is working.  Btw - we are talking serious geometry- and he's only in 5th grade.    I think projects give...
I was just saying on another board, I'm going for Momdoulary Method doula and parent coach certification, because they include the 6 certifications in one, and give you the Mentor, all the business tools, and such a serious sense of support.   Everyone I meet from there has a strong sense of connectedness.  Plus in the 20 weeks of class they dive really heavily into everything from nutrition to loss to creating community building.   It feels so comprehensive.  I know other...
Oh. Now I see this is a really old thread :(  
I personally prefer Momdoulary training - you get 6 certifications in one, so you can do more with it.  Plus they give you a lot more training, 20 weeks versus one weekend, and they give you the business tools with all the digital files of client handouts, recordkeeping tools, set you up with a website and give you a mentor.  I feel like there's a lot more support. Plus the free annual convention in NY for their graduates and the app they have etc.   I don't know. I just...
My mom had a long labor with her twins (they were her first) and I had a really short one - 4 hours altogether.  So in my case no.  But maybe twins are different.
my daughter had this happen and I was told it is normal....not sure why.  with twins I am lucky to get through my day without crashing and burning - two toddlers run in opposite directions.  I guess I SHOULD know why... but at least I know I was told not to worry at all...
This isn't exactly an answer because I am not a doula but I know that I saw an ad for a scholarship for training at www.momdoulary.com
I am a mom to twins, and work in an ob/gyn office part time.   Finding my way through motherhood :-)
Hi!  Check out Momdoulary!  When you hire one of their doulas you get all of their classes for free for one year after your baby is born and breastfeeding support for 3 months, all free with doula.   They have classes on childbirth (long one, short ones, birth ball ones, birth art, birthnotics, how to talk to your doctor, intimacy during pregnancy, etc) plus newborn care and parenting classes.  I met SO many friends through my classes too.  And their doulas were AMAZING....