or Connect

Posts by CleoS

Last night was vomit-free! Yay! I have cut way down on her dairy consumption. She just seems to crave it and all she wanted when she was sick was milk and yogurt. I'll start just by cutting way back on dairy and an earlier dinner to see if it makes a difference now. When she was younger it didn't but it may now. We'll see. 
Hi all - Yes, she is drinking Lifeway Probotics and Stoneybrook Probiotics but not any tablets. Her head has been elevated lately. She only gets almond milk occasionally.     I never considered a chiropractor. I may call the doctor today since she threw up again last night - I think this is the 7th night straight.     Gluten would be something to try. I really hope to find a solution soon since it is getting worse and more frequent not better.
Thanks for giving it so much thought.  I guess it could be the high gmo/pesticide but I do try to buy as much organic as possible. This week she has been sick and barely eaten anything except for liquids - organic milk, juice, some yogurts, chocolate almond milk and just a handful of other very small snacks with the same result.  
She just throws up and then goes straight back to sleep. Last night as I was taking her out of bed to get her to the bathroom she said "I don't want to, I don't want to"  I felt so sad for her. I am not sure if she meant she didn't want to throw up or get out of bed.    The odd thing is that she can drink milk and eat right before her daytime nap with no problem. She can sleep 2-3 hours fine. At night it is one to two hours later. 
Thanks for the advice. We have tried not giving her anything to eat or drink for an hour before bed but she would still throw up. She doesn't seem bothered by any foods except for the night vomiting.  I am not sure if she would accurately be able to tell or show us from smell - have you tried this on a young child? Just curious. I will try though of course since she did it again last night!   We haven't had any allergies until now at 37 I became gluten intolerant or...
Hi,  My DD is now 2 years & 5 months and she has been vomiting at night since she was about 9 months old.  I have mentioned it at nearly every well check and on sick visits and they usually blame it on reflux or whatever virus/cold she may have at the time. She only vomits at night about an hour after putting her down. Sometimes she does it 3-4 times a week then 2 weeks straight she is ok. She even made it nearly a month once without vomiting but then it started right...
Thanks Sageowl. You sound like a great teacher. The school has since apologized to us and made amends with my son. However, the ED teacher and her visitor have been silent. We did have an IEP meeting and now it is documented that he will not go into her class or any ED classroom and should not be taken to a "Time Out" room.     His gen. ed. teacher realized that was just too much transition for him anyway - 3 classes within the first 2 hours! One to calm down...
Yes, exactly! His anxiety isn't worse because of it, but it is pretty severe all the time. He is always anxious before school and separating at school. I think he may be doing a tiny bit better because he is so worried he will end up back in there. When my DH walked him to his gen ed. class this morning and they had to pass by that room he moved to the other side of the hall, dropped his head and pulled DH along with him. That is not a way I want my son to feel in school....
I am SO Mad right now. I just got this brief email from the teacher since I recounted the story from my DS's side and her response is:   To make this perfectly clear it was not my assistant Mrs. ..... who put Phoenix in the time out room.  S....i R....  Sped Project Rebound Ed teacher from the Office of Special Education was observing my classroom and took Phoenix to the time out room using the "handle with care" method.    That was it! Defending themselves! As...
I'm glad my family doctor can monitor him if we decide on medicating as we do have a very good rapport with her.   Everyone who has found the right medicine seems to be on common ground wishing they had done it or found it sooner and how life changing it can be.  It would be wonderful if he could actually enjoy school! I have two extremely different sons as I also have a DS who just started Kindergarten and absolutely loves it. He didn't shed one tear and just hopped...