or Connect

Posts by Zirconia

Like the PP said, they have a weight limit, and you also can't use them as a cosleeper once your LO can sit up and roll.  At that point you have to lower the mattress and use it like a pack-n-play.  My DD used the mini for her first 5 months, and I loved it.  She was right there, but I felt like she was safely in her own space too.  By the time she outgrew it due to rolling over, she was also outgrowing it in size - when she sprawled, her hands would touch the sides.  If...
My 14-month old has the same problem and has for several months.  In addition to the "P" foods mentioned above, we also give her flax oil every day.  I think it's about 1/2 tsp, but the pharmacist helped me calculate dosage based on her weight, and gave us a little syringe to administer it.  Since doing this, the stools aren't much softer, but well, they slide out really easily - that's helped so much because she had started holding it to avoid the pain.  Now she goes...
We started parent-child swim classes when DD was six months, she she loved it!  I second some of the advice above, especially the quiet/empty pool if she seems scared.  I think my DD was more startled by the echoing noise and people than the water.  Some of the activities they led us through included:   - Hold baby on your hip and bob up and down, getting wetter and wetter until you're down to your chins in the water. - Hold baby facing you, at arm's length, on her...
What great advice here!  You seem very attuned to your baby's needs (and your own), and it sounds like you're doing just fine!   I did want to add, since my baby is a few months older than yours, that somewhere around 9-12 months (how's that for specific?) I started getting the feeling that it would be GOOD for my baby to spend small chunks of time with other loving caregivers.  When I saw her practically doing backflips when her grandparents came in the door, I...
Your LO may not like being worn at all, but if the crying happens when putting on the sling or wrap, you may want to stick with it.  My DD loves to be worn, but it took a while to get there.  At first I thought she hated it - as a newborn she always cried going into the wrap or sling, and I'd have to bounce around a lot to get her to quiet down.  Most times she would settle in, but sometimes we had to bail out.  Pretty soon, though, she loved it, and at 13 months is...
Does anybody have a setup where your baby/toddler starts the night in their own room, then comes in to cosleep with you sometime during the night?  How is that working?   My 13-month-old starts the night in a pack-n-play in our room, then when I come to bed I move her to the sidecar crib, where we cosleep the rest of the night.  DH has been pushing for her to sleep in her own bed, in her own room - he'd like to regain a sense of privacy, and while I somewhat agree,...
Same thing happens here, mostly with naps!  Almost asleep, then that hand slaps my chest to leverage herself to a sitting position and try to get up.  If she is really red-eyed and obviously sleepy, I stick with it and we struggle until she gives it up.  If she's being really silly/playful and I'm tired of wrestling a monkey, I give up and try again later.  I've learned that with my DD, putting her to bed at "the first sleepy signs" (like the books recommend) doesn't...
Molars???  Good lord, my DD has just now cut her first two top teeth.  We are soooo in for it...  All I can do is pray that they'll all pop through at once!  Last night was better.  She woke up to nurse a few times, but I don't really remember how long or how many times, which nowadays is my definition of a good night!  She's walking a little more, taking 3-4 steps at a time without holding on, and toddling all over the place holding one hand.  And her poop issues are a...
Element 2012, I wish I could tell you it has passed!  It's a little better - DD no longer wakes up crying.  And she's back to sleeping about a 3-hour stretch at the beginning of the night.  But she's still waking up constantly after that.  It's so weird - it's like she CAN'T sleep.  She tosses and turns, nurses, wiggles, rolls to hands and knees, flops back down.  Her eyes are closed, she's not upset, she's just NOT SLEEPING.  Her tummy seems to be settling - we backed...
I really just need to vent here and get some advice!  DD (12 months) has always been a crappy sleeper, but the past week has been total hell...  Instead of waking up every couple of hours to nurse quietly (which is disruptive enough), she's waking up loudly crying and taking forever to go back to sleep.  She's tossing, turning, rolling, crawling, sometimes playing/babbling, sometimes an hour or more.  She's cutting multiple teeth at once.  She's taking a few steps and...