or Connect

Posts by StudyingStones

I thought I'd chime in here, for what it's worth... I am 28 and was raised by both my mom and step-dad to believe that spanking is wrong and unnecessary.  In our family home we always resolved our issues by sitting at the table together and having a conversation.  Once I reached my rebellious teen years, the relationship I had with my step-dad changed dramatically (he is my step-dad, but he is my father. He has been the only father I have ever known).  He felt out of...
SympatheticDad,   I used to think this way too, and in fact I used almost the exact same example you just did for why women are silly to not accept pain management during labor.  My opinion has since changed (I now have a 5 year old).  I think maybe the OP's concerns (of course, I can't speak for her), are not that her friend is WRONG for choosing to have an epidural, but overall sadness that women don't have faith in their bodies to give birth naturally, and are so...
  Awww, thanks Pokey!  If there's one thing I love about these forums it's how wonderfully kind and supportive all you ladies are!!  I have no one to talk about this stuff to in real life (I can talk to my best friend, but she and her DH are child-free and loving it, so I don't like to talk about it too much when I know she's either not interested or can't relate).    I see on your signature you are doing try #8 in August - have you already done it, or still...
Thanks again ladies for your kindness and support.  I'm feeling better today.  On top of all the drama yesterday, it was my younger brother's 17th birthday, so it was particularly hard that our mom got laid off yesterday. But, we are coping, and my mom is a very strong woman who is working hard to come up with a plan, and I have faith that things will work themselves out somehow...   Stevi, Thanks for the advice. I did some googling and I read that you should only...
I'm really not sure how many posts we get from the three territories, but I feel like if we're separating all the provinces we should separate the territories too - your call as mod. It may make sense to keep them all together.   Thanks so much for doing this!
Hi everyone, I am at a very conflicted place in life right now. DH and I are trying to conceive #2 (this is cycle #5). I have about 30 pounds to lose to get back to my 'normal weight', and I'm not sure where to start that won't jeopardize our efforts at TTC. My weight gain is all from the last 7 months. I went through some pretty intense family issues, and started on medication that made me want to eat more,and I stopped going to the gym, so it's no surprise I gained...
Thanks ladies for your kindness. I'm feeling a bit better, but today was a rough day. On top of my grandma's health and AF arriving, my mom was laid off from work today (she works at the same hospital I do), so that was not fun. There's also some issues with DS's behavior at summer camp that are stressing me out, and I'm rather miffed at my FIL over another situation, so it was a lot of things all at once. I'm going to allow myself today to mope, and get back on track...
AF arrived for me today...4 days early.
Yes, plus the three territories: Northwest territories Yukon Nunavit Thanks Cynthia!
Thanks everyone for your kind words.   I feel pretty stupid... the spotting turned into full out red, heavy bleeding this morning as AF announced her arrival.   When I sat down in the bathroom and found all the red blood I just said "oh noooooo" in the most dejected way possible.  I feel like such an idiot for being so positive.. I should really know better by now than to get my hopes up.    Thanks a lot, body, for throwing me another curve ball and starting my...