or Connect

Posts by StudyingStones

So, I've done a bad thing. Since the time we brought home our puppy at 10 weeks (she's 6 months now), we've let her on the couch. I really can't help it, she's so cute and snugly! *picture me looking sheepish* Now that she's used to being on the couch, I can't get her to get off the couch... I'm worried for when we have visitors that she's going to act like she owns the couch (this is how she acts now). I read some article online where the person said their dog was...
TwilightJoy, that makes sense! I thought maybe you knew something about prenatal vitamins that I was missing. AF is due on Friday night/Saturday, so I plan on testing with Sunday FMU...if I can wait that long. We'll see. I'm going to try not to buy a test till Saturday night so I don't test early, but then I'll probably end up trying Saturday night, lol. I am really hoping this is it for me! I've been having period-like cramps all night..I'm still half afraid that...
Hi everyone, I'd like to join this thread too, if I may. My DS is 5.5 now, 6 in January. After DS, I was adamant to anyone that would ask that I was not having any more kids. About 8 months ago I started thinking maybe I was ready...and everybody around me is having babies, so that's probably contributed to the baby bug too. My best friend (she and her husband are adamantly child free) doesn't nderstand why I would have another child (she probably doesn't understand why...
TwilightJoy, I only take a one a day prenatal vitamin - curious as to why you take so many?   Dakipode, I sometimes feel apathetic in the week after my period, then more excited around actual O time.   Quinalla, Good luck - I hope your symptoms mean you will get a BFP soon!   RadioWave, Welcome!!  I hope your stay with us is short!   Lenny, I know the feeling - some months the negatives are easier to deal with than others.  I always allow myself to be a...
That's exciting - you're only 2 days away from testing! Some women are able to get their BFP's a couple days before AF is due. Personally I always wait until she's officially late, cause otherwise I just end up disappointed (and they're expensive!). Good luck, I hope you get your BFP soon!!
Thanks for the new thread, Mayday! I've been tremendously grumpy today - yelling at DH, DS, and our dog most of the day. I have horrendous back pain, which I've had for a few days but didn't think about until I started spotting yesterday as a possible symptom. Basically, I feel like total crap - hoping its for a good reason, otherwise I'm just a huge b$&@h today
Hi Alyssa, anything is certainly possible. I've found that the cycles I've had the most 'symptoms' have amounted to nothing. This cycle I've had no symptoms except spotting at 8-10dpo, which I'm hoping is implantation bleeding, and wouldn't that just be how it goes...no symptoms the month I'm (hopefully!) pregnant. Unfortunately, you can analyze symptoms till the cows come home and it could mean everything or nothing. The only way to know for sure is to take a pregnancy...
This is the month I decided not to temp:) We were camping aug. 2-7, so I didn't track cm during that time either, but I'm pretty sure I O'd on cd14 or 15...not sure why I feel that way, but that's what my intuition is telling me!
Thanks for the advice, SweetMama, I think you're right. I'm going to make an effort to go to classes at the gym regularly, and maybe try some aquafit classes at the local pool. AFM, I just went to the bathroom and had a tiny bit of red/pink spotting at cd24 (out of a 32 day cycle). Based on cm only, I'm guessing I'm 8-10 dpo today. The only time I've ever had mid-cycle spotting is when I had implantation bleeding when I conceived DS (I mistakenly thought the bleeding...
I've read both, and by far I prefer Ina May's Guide to Childbirth. But, I agree with the poster above, and you should check your local library/used book stores so you can read both! I also really enjoyed Spiritual Midwifery and Birth Matters (both by Ina May), and I'm currently reading Enchanted Lives and Magical Beginnings by Deepak Chopra, and it's beautiful...but less about the birth process than just pregnancy in general.