or Connect

Posts by StudyingStones

I hear where you're coming from.  My sister has an 18month old. My sister-in-law has a 1 year old, and my cousin (who is like a sister to me), just gave birth last week.. babies everywhere and for everyone, it seems.   I think the thing that has helped me to not be jealous and bitter is to realize that although they do have beautiful children now, they all faced their own battle with TTC.  My sister's husband had a congenital heart defect that required surgery before...
Hi everyone!   I'm 5 or 6dpo (I'm guessing here.. this is my first month not tracking anything), and we are on cycle #5 of TTC #2.  I've been successful so far this month in not obsessing over every little twinge and 'symptom', and I'm hoping to make it to the 18th without caving and buying tests. AF is usually regular as a clock for me, so if I have no spotting by the 18th, I'll test then (I usually would spot 1 day before and have full on AF on the 18th or...
This is what I'm really hoping, but I'm scared at the same time that by hoping it I'm jinxing myself.  It's silly, I know.  I just want to take my mind off it alltogether and just get through the next 11 days to see if either AF arrives or not....
Thanks for the new thread, Mayday! How are things going with your pregnancy? I hope all is well! I just got back from five days camping up near Ottawa, Ontario. The weather was great, except for one night, and we got to bring DS on his first boat ride (in a paddle boat). We also brought our 6 month puppy with us and she had a blast. I'll try to put a picture or two up once I get them off the camera. Welcome, TinyTina! I hope you'll find this to be a wonderfully...
I only just wrote mine out a few months ago, and DS is 5 now.  I think time and space away from the event helped me to process better, and to understand what actually happened.    I'd say it's never too late!
Yep!  I'm in London, Ontario - a mere two hour jaunt from you!   I'm not holding my breath for this cycle.  I'm not charting or tracking in any way, so we're just trying to dtd every other day and hope that this is the cycle for us.  I expect to O early next week, so there's a chance we'll miss my fertile days as we'll be away camping until Tuesday (hence not bothering with charting, etc. this month).  Here's hoping that the month I'm not REALLY trying is the month for...
Your birth story is so beautiful.. thank you for sharing!    I especially loved this line "Birth is such a great unknown for someone who has never been through it."  How true this is!   Your midwife sounds like she was really wonderful too.  Great job, mama!!  
Congrats on the BFP, Magoodoggy!!!  I truly wish the best for you, and I hope I can join you in the April ddc soon!!!
Your chart DOES look really good!  Fingers and toes crossed for you that the dip 7DPO was an implantation and you'll get a nice sticky BFP soon!!!  When will you test again?  When is AF due for you?
We've only ever done family parties for DS (5).  We, like you, have a big family that lives close by, so grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins all come to celebrate.  It ends up being pretty overwhelming for DS (last year he hid under his art table when it got too loud), so next year I'll probably just invite the grandparents.  Of course, now that he's entered kindergarten and all of his friends are having birthday parties, I'm sure he'll start asking in the near...