or Connect

Posts by Mama Florentyne

For "extra cash" - certainly not "income replacement"  - I do virtual work (proofreading, editing, bookkeeping) - Sell used books and clothes and household items - Make and sell handcrafts on Etsy - Occasionally take a survey or open a bank account with incentives
Tips for clutter with small children:   Obviously, eliminating some of the toys will shave some time off the clean-up process, but if you love them and want to keep them find a way to work with all your toys.   For toys, bins seemed to be the only way to store in our tiny house, so when my first child was around 2 and entered the dumping stage, I switched to bins with snap-tight lids. Then he would come to me and ask me to open it - and I could choose where we...
"Unjobbing?" I hadn't heard of that - didn't know what we've been doing for last 15 years had a name! DH is an under-employed painter/remodeler, so I freelance doing proofreading, editing, graphic/web design, and bookkeeping, while simultaneously homeschooling three kids as well as running his business and the household. It's a bit much. The bad economy has been really tough on us. Some months, if there's no work, I liquidate excess clothes, kids stuff and...
"Unjobbing?" I hadn't heard of it either, but I'm so glad to hear there is a term for it! My husband is under-employed as a painter/remodeler, so depending on how much work he has - or doesn't have, I do freelance work (proofreading, editing, graphic/web design, bookkeeping) while simultaneously homeschooling and running the household. Since the economy went down the tubes, a lot of my work has dried up unfortunately and I'm searching for new clients or perhaps a new...
Hello all, I'm a longtime Mothering magazine reader (since '95) with 3 beautiful AP HS children, ages 5, 10 and 15.   I miss the old magazine format, but decided to finally give the dot.commune a try. Nice to be here! Florentyne