or Connect

Posts by sweetlowmom

Note that the clinginess also breaks my heart, because I know it is related to the cutting back (he told me so ...). Hoping it has mostly passed though.
Hi bluedaisy, I just wanted to let you know that I could have written your post! DS is almost 4.5 and DD is just 6 weeks old. It is been very hard as he was/is very very very attached to nursing. I thought things would just naturally work themselves out once I gave birth but it has been very hard, physically and emotionally. DH is ok with DS nursing once before bed but would prefer he be done - and while initially after the birth I wanted to keep nursing him a lot too,...
Hahahaha, I am laughing so hard reading these! Best comment ever for me was when I was about 7 months into my first pregnancy with DS (now 4) - I was 29. I went with a friend to buy a bed off of Craigslist (DH was in another country at the time), and the owner was all "Oh wow, you totally remind of Juno" HAHAHAHA   um. yeah. wasn't Juno 16????   :)
I wish I knew, timesway! On two occasions (20 wk anatomy scan, then an emergency ultrasound at 25 weeks because I was spotting) babe has refused to reveal the goods LOL! Next week I have another u/s (I am high risk) so I'm hoping he/she will show us something then ... :) How are you feeling?  
Hollow day over here too. Eggs and bacon and a big tea with cream for breakfast, then a grilled cheese and yogurt at 11 am ...
oh Timesway!! SO sorry you are on bedrest but i hope it calms things down asap. TV, internet, books ... there's not much else you can do. Are you getting some support??? I hope so.  
PS. Quinalla, oil pulling makes me feel better about my less-than-regular flossing habits :) And when I do remember to floss, there is never any bleeding, unlike before I started oil pulling.
hahaha, i usually make it to fifteen. you can feel when the oil sort of changes texture. and it is weird when you spit it out it is all white! (if it's not white, it means you haven't swished it long enough). I'm not necessarily swishing fast the whole time, but I try to ... :) I'm used to it by now. Though I forgot to do it today ... LOL!   there's a ton of info online, some of the "it will cure everything from AIDS to cancer" variety (...) and some of it actually...
nstewart, you are right ... Granada is pretty fantastic :) ... it has this amazing mix of cultures, as it was the last Islamic city to fall to the Catholics when they took over Spain way back when, and there is still a lot of Islamic and Arabic influence in the architecture, art, city structure, etc. It really is a magical place. We love walking up to the Alhambra on the weekends ... haven't done it in a while since I´ve been out of commisison but hopefully we will again...
moriahmoonstar, just wanted to chime in quickly - i LOVE oil pulling! you don't have to use sesame oil, if that grosses you out - other recommended oils are coconut oil and sunflower oil. i feel like it definitely has improved my overall dental health. like CoBabyMaker, i got out of the habit when DS started school this past september because it felt rushed in the morning when i wouldn't talk for 15 minutes ... so now i try to just get it in at least once a day. ideally...