or Connect

Posts by sweetlowmom

I just joined the colostrum club! DS has been nursing through the whole pregnancy, always telling me that there is somethign in there (he jsut turned 4, only nurses before bed and sometimes during the night), but now I can actually express colostrum. it doesn't leak on its own though, which is nice - it didn't with DS either.   FINALLY starting to feel better from the pneumonia! hope i don't jinx myself!!   no other symptoms yet ... though food is starting to not...
Happy birthday Bailey!! An extra $200 a month is Fantastic news!! :)   nstewart, thanks for asking! We live in Granada, in the south - it's absolutely beautiful. I came over to study in 2005 and again in 2007, and met DH then. He is also an immigrant here (from Senegal) but has been here for about 12 years now, so more than me! DS was born in 2009 in the US, due to me trying to finish my masters, and then when I graduated I came back here. We love it! I miss the...
uff, i haven't ever posted on the chat thread but i figure it's about time to do so!!   first off, timewsay i am so sorry you are going through such a hard time ... sending you all kinds of strong thoughts for your body mind soul and relationship! you are going through a ton of hard stuff right now and i wish bf was there to support you. big hugs.   i wanted to comment on the circ issue ... we don't know right now if babe is a boy or a girl as at my 20 week appt...
me too!! i did just fine until right before christmas ... and then bam! cough, cold, ear infection, sinusitis, pneumonia ... and now a UTI! ack! have given up any thought of doing ANYTHING - i'm a freelancer so when i can´t work i just don´t ... the problem is i don´t get paid! felt like i tried all the natural remedies in the book and have just given up at this point ... resting, drinking lots of water, and relying on poor DH! here´s to all of us feeling better SOON,...
great idea timesway!! thanks so much, i look forward to reading the responses. for now i want to do lots of personal work thinking about and writing about DS's birth, to try to analyze that experience and my fears for this coming birth. birth preparation classes. umm ...i´m sure we should buy a bunch of stuff but just feeling really lazy about all of that, for some reason. i have DS's old baby clothes (I  guess i should wash them,etc, but still early for that ...),...
can not believe 3rd tri is almost here!! what week does it start officially again? amazingly, i'm not having too many pregnancy symptoms, aside from lots of kicking and, yeah, the dreaded incontinence. have taken to wearing pads all the time because i keep peeing myself when i cough, and i've been coughing a lot! no swelling or anything, though, so i think i am lucking out so far ... the problem is i am still fighting off the tail end of the pneumonia ... i am just...
hehe, i use the magnesium factor to justify my daily consumption ... 99% though, so I figure it's good for me :) ... and at the very least it doesn't raise my blood sugar! :)  
I love it!!! Has a nice music to it.  
and PS. timesway, so sorry you had to go through that ...  
thanks so timesway and BabySmurf ... you hit the nail on the head, timesway - I finished my abx Saturday and am just sooooooo tired. Yesterday evening I started having painful contractions and got somewhat worried about preterm labor, but DH made me drink lots of water and just rest rest rest (not like I'd been doing anything else LOL!) and they went away ... then I woke up around midnight with another coughing spasm. But on the whole I think there is slow, ever so slow,...