or Connect

Posts by sweetlowmom

Today I had a clean-out-the-cupboard "salad" - had forgotten that today was a holiday where we live and all the supermarkets were closed, whoops! But ... it was delicious! Anchovy-stuffed green olives, half an avocado, half a tomato, drowned in olive oil and sprinkled with salt and pepper. Hard-boiled eggs on the side, then a cup of warm whole milk with a little instant decaf mixed in. Amazing what you can get when you throw together the last few things in the frig! I'm...
Yes, I'm at 10 weeks and I feel like I was tired before, but at 9 weeks the complete and utter exhaustion kicked in. I just want to SIT DOWN. All the time. I usually walk a lot with DH and DS and I just want to stay home, stay home, stay home and rest. I'm not sleepy per se, just physically Wiped Out. Plus the nausea also seems to have gotten worse, and holy boobage! They hurt so bad. This did not happen with DS (the boob-soreness - the exhaustion did, but it was...
Hi all,   I just saw this thread because of your new post, cabbitdancer, and wanted to chime in. I am also a T1 diabetic (since I was 10 years old) and am currently pregnant: 10 weeks with hopefully take home baby #2. I have one son, 3.75 years old and had two miscarriages previous to this current pregnancy.   I wanted to recommend a FB group for all of the diabetic moms and moms to be, it's called DMs supporting DMs. This FB group is a spinoff from the AMAZING...
Yay for prunes!!! :) And ugh on the cramping,  BaileyB. It's so unsettling, isn't it?
Thanks, CoBabyMaker! It adds another level of stress for sure ... but I know it will be worth in the end! :) And BaileyB, thanks for the co-sleeping input!  
I have the opposite problem ... every two hours I'm starving!!! A few weeks ago not much appealed. I'm 10 weeks tomorrow and feeling all of sudden soooooooo exhausted. My other pregnancies the fatigue has hit way earlier. Also feeling quite crampy this week, but I'm hoping it is just gastrointestinal stuff ...  
Wow, I finally got to reading the chat threads and I'm glad I did! I have got to particpate more :) DH is out watching a soccer game so I've got some time to myself at last! I have been feeling so utterly exhausted and stressed about my diabetes (I have type 1 and use an insulin pump)/diet - I usually follow a super low carb diet (like 30g per day) to keep my sugars in control, but my former endocrinologist (he was my endo for years and years until I moved and had to get...
Wow, thanks for that, cadybh.  I love how you talk about the importance of your relationship. I feel that way too, even if I get waylaid by cultural expectations sometimes.Thanks for the reminder.   I have to announce that for the Very First Time in 3.5 years (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) DS fell asleep without nursing!!!! Okay, that's not quite true - he's fallen asleep in his stroller a few times, and when DH has been holding him. But this was the first time on a...
you're so right, cadybh - thanks for reminding me that it is more about being there for him until he's ready to move on. I believe I'm okay with it, I think it is more the "societal" judgment that has me down right now, and maybe a bit of fear of HOW it will actually all work out. there's very little demand from DS as well - just a bit in the morning and at night, sometimes a few times through the night. and of course that can change in 8 months! but ... i guess it...
oof, i just popped last night!!! how can that uterus grow so fast overnight?! totally crazy, and now I am definitely showing. almost time to break out (or, help, buy ...) the maternity pants ... this is my fourth pregnancy, hopefully 2nd take home baby. each time i seem to pop faster!