or Connect

Posts by sweetlowmom

hey nursing mamas, i was wondering who all among you are thinking of/planning to/debating tandem nursing when this new baby arrives. i do feel like personally i don't have a problem with it, and would/will happily try if DS doesn't wean before May, but a comment made by a friend of mine (who has always been very supportive of my nursing) made me think twice the other day ... i think this might just be societal/cultural pressure, but then i think ... am I really...
  ack! it's crazy isn't it? at least it is starting to feel real :) (only took a few weeks!). i am loving my sweats ...   i can't do agave syrup, either, because of the diabetes. even the so-called natural sweeteners (honey, maple syrup, agave, etc), really really spike my blood sugar. today i did find something that worked though - half a small orange squeezed into a glass, then i mxed the juice with seltzer water. luckily it didn't affect my sugar - since it's just a...
I am currently nursing my 3.5 year old boy, but in the past week (i'm 6weeks 4 days by my calculations) my milk has completely dried up. He still nurses at bedtime and a teensy bit in the morning though. I'm pretty lazy about the whole thing (i don't have the heart or energy to make him wean LOL) but I find that it doesn't actually hurt at all - it actually alleviates some of the breast pain i've been having, in a weird kind of way. What is driving me crazy is the...
ack! the nausea just kicked in for me, too! I have never actually puked while pregnant (this is my fourth pregnancy, hopefully 2nd take home baby), and this time around have been feeling pretty good in that department ... until yesterday. Major UGH. i just want carbs: juice, fruit, juice, juice, i could drown myself in juice. unfortunately, since I have type 1 diabetes, juice and fruit are Totally off limits. Ack!!! hoping it passes fast ...  i just really want sweet...
I am so sorry for your loss, sweetmama. I have been there twice this past year, and it is a very dark place. But as you say, from the darkest night sometimes springs the brightest dawn. Wishing you the strength to heal physically, emotionally, and spiritually.  
Hi all, I am so glad I found this thread this morning. I have one son who is three and a half and after two miscarriages last year am not about 6 weeks pregnant. I finally "believe" I am pregnant again if that makes sense ...  I am feeling okay physically although with some fatigue ... it is so good to read all of your emotional responses to pregnancy. I am trying to just accept what the universe has to offer me and not worry too much ... but deep down I am counting...
sounds like a great plan, josie! best of luck and keep us posted!  
Hi samijoxx, Last June (2011) I was in your situation ... well not the car crash (very sorry!!! and hope you are recovering!!!)  but I did have an empty sac. My first u/s was at 7 weeks I think and the sac was measuring five or so, with nothing in it ... they had me return at 9 weeks and the sac was much larger but still nothing in it, and they diagnosed me with a blighted ovum. I ended up having a d&c at 9.5 weeks as they said the sac was already so big that I risked...
Hi all, I just wanted to chime in on the ketosis vs ketoacidosis explanations. I actually have type 1 diabetes, so I've heard about the dangers of ketoACIDOSIS all of my adult life - and yes, it can kill you. That said ... nutritional ketosis is a very different beast, and many researchers now actually seem to believe that it is a very healthy state to be in. As other posters have mentioned, ketones are formed by your body when you are using fat for energy instead of...
Hi all, I'm taking cod liver oil gelcaps, 4 a day - I can't remember the brand but it is one of the WAPF "good" (meaning more affordable LOL!!) ones, in addition to the whole foods Prenatal vitamin. I go back and forth on taking the prenatal - I know WAPF doesn't really recommend them, but I'm also not drinking a quart of raw milk every day! :) I do eat a lot of butter, so figure I'm covered even though I can't afford butter oil. I'm trying to eat well - especially...