or Connect

Posts by k x s

For those of you who don't think ADHD is a real disorder I urge you to check out Russell Barkleys research on ADHD and check out a few of his lectures on youtube. They are most enlightening.   heres a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCAGc-rkIfo
I think if you really want a tri-lingual child then immersion is the best way to give that third language a chance at surviving IMO. So I vote nanny and sunday school for your third language of choice. (Assuming of course your child grows up learning english and spanish from you and does spanish as a second language at school from elementary. A Spanish immersion program would be even better.)   Also while Chinese is a useful language since your child will most...
I have mixed feelings about only children. I was an only until I was 7 1/2.. I don't buy into only children are selfish or maladjusted stuff (that sounds like a combination of temperament and parenting and I don't think parents who choose to have one child are inherently somehow selfish or maladjusted themselves) however lonely? Makes me pause for thought. In my brief experience... I didn't realize the connotations of being an only when we lived in a neighborhood with...
Well yeah?! I mean you said a kid got driven home without the parent being contacted... For some parents that scenario would reflect badly on the coach. (liability issues...etc) Maybe not mothering types but others are more conservative. (yes I realise it was with someone the kid knew but the parent didn't give permission and generally I would expect more professionalism from a coach then for them to be okay with other parents organizing it between themselves.) I'm just...
You'd be doing your girls a huge favour if you bought them laser treatments. Although its painful and expensive up front, waxing and epilating are expensive and painful forever.
Personally, I don't think you should have done this. Idk why but its rubs me up the wrong way. I know it's raining and you did it with the best of intentions... but making it a big deal or the responsibility of another parent is wrong. What if she wasn't dropped off right and got lost or something like that by that parent?What if she had been forbade from taking rides and then felt compelled because you interfered? (i know these are extremes...but still when I was...
You can't get your friend to discourage her kids aggression unless she sees it as a problem. Apparently she doesn't see her DDs aggression as a problem. Now its really your problem because she isn't parenting her kid properly and its making your kid miserable. The way I see it you only have 2 options. Man up and stop hanging out with her. If she asks why you can be a wuss and make up excuses or you can be blunt and say ... 'Well Annabelle's doesn't want to go and she's...
At least they are likely to be sleeping in the same room as their parents
Wait... They include condoms but not sanitary pads or tampons! hmmm... have I missed something or am I right?
  ...And I'm just recounting how they weren't helpful for me and their downsides in case anyone was interested in why some people don't like them/use them.