or Connect

Posts by k x s

Oh yeah. I'm so envious of my lucky sister in law. She's pregnant.  Oh well when the right time comes along...6 years or more even now that I think about it... 
Damn. Oh well looks like I'm going to have to get a copper IUD and the birth control pill (for the cysts). Since I can't consistently remember to take the BC pill on time and am too anal retentive to rely on just typical use. Thanks for the rely =)
1. What brought you to the NMY thread/mothering.com I found mothering through research about parenting which stemmed from reading a book about the effects of television and advertising on children. I continued to read because mothering intrigues me and I have baby/child fever and need to soak this is in everyday or I will go mad. Also would love to meet like minded friends =)   2. A little about who you are (where you live, interests, current family - including...
I'm totally confused by what my ultrasound technician said to me today and I was hoping someone might be able to clue me in. I went in for an pelvic scan because I have a cyst on my ovary. Its a simple cyst that's 8.5 cm. The interesting part was she said I had 2 eggs that were both about 2 cm . I thought I wasn't supposed to ovulate on implanon? Anyone have any clues? Are these just those sac things that have eggs in them or does that mean I have like ripe eggs or are...
I think its a bit unkind to wake him up in the mornings but not put him to bed at a good time at night. I know he may not like it but skipping school, being late and not sleeping enough are not good habits for him to be developing and if you are waking him up or driving him to school you are already micromanaging. Waking him up is a band-aid solution anyway. Not much point in waking him up if he's tired so he can go to school and not function/learn   The way I see it...
  My immediate though was 7.45 is an early wake up time for a teenager. http://www.sleepfoundation.org/article/hot-topics/backgrounder-later-school-start-times   It doesn't sound like he is getting enough sleep or there could be an underlying health problem (maybe iron or thyroid). He is 16 so needs around 8 1/2 to 9 1/4 hours of sleep a day. That means to get up at 7.30 am he needs to go to sleep at 10.00pm (with 15 min thrown in to fall asleep). Maybe melatonin...
I don't know if this will help much because I'm sure your dentist has probably already said this but some other things that could keep their teeth clean are: floss brushes and floss picks (really great for getting into hard to clean areas), tongue scrapers (halitosis) and chewing gum between meals, also less snacks.  Also another thought is she getting enough fluoride? through toothpaste and water? This really depends on how you feel about fluoride though some people...
have you considered implanon? Its a 3 year implant in the arm. Its more effective then a vasectomy. I haven't had any changes in weight with it at all. I don't know if weight gain or loss is a side effect or not but I know with the pill i gained a little. (Not sure if it was bloating or weight gain because I only stayed on it for 3 months) GL on the eating disorder recovery. =)
aaron and syed i think are both muslim baby names.
unreasonable? No of course not! This is not your fault at all! They misled you and even now aren't being particularly empathetic.  Its hard situation to be in to begin with not to mention the curve ball they threw at you! Family should always be reliable, trustworthy and keep their word.    If there is a possibility they will change their minds and you will still accept their hospitality push for it. Keep begging them to get rid of the pets. If their betrayal is...