or Connect

Posts by k x s

I would never dress my daughter in a bikini, personally. I think its a combination of things. Bikinis aren't inherently practical. They are flimsy, expose too much skin to the sun and could impede fun. Also they fall under the same category as racy underwear in my mind. In that sense they don't align with my values. Because I do personally believe that bikinis are just for attracting attention and that a ten year old shouldn't be mimicking that sort of behaviour. You are...
  Getting in touch with him and having a chat about your expectations about the money and what it is there for should be your number one priority. I would keep in mind that it would be pretty hard to be an 18 year old who might be mentally ill, having little direction in life and being surrounded by others who don't work or are sick. Maybe university or work isn't a realistic expectation? He might need counselling or to move out or different support. Whatever you are...
I don't like the words penis, vulva or vagina. I know its a cultural thing. I don't mind using them for adults but for children they just seem to have some sort of sexual connotation that I'm not comfortable with. I feel at that age pee-pee and bottom is more appropriate and easily interchangeable between genders and describes what they are doing most accurately anyway. You don't wipe your vagina you are wiping the opening you just peed out of. Otherwise I will generally...
I've heard this too. I wonder how it works though? Is there like some science behind this?
Ugh I HATE MAKEUP! I'm so glad my sister isnt allowed to wear any to school. I think all it does is waste time. She has become attached to her makeup, so much so that she  is insecure about herself and its like a security blanket. She worries about how she looks, straightens her wavy hair, wears makeup and a nice outfit. Its not like the makeup is garish but its just unnecessary and it makes me feel kind of sad for her. She doesnt need to overly obsess or be concerned...
Lol forget about feelings! I think kids are 4.5 can't be reasoned with but they can develop a sense of what is appropriate or not by establishing boundaries through discipline being consistently enforced. I'm not a mother btw but I have a 4.5 year old brother and a 2 year old brother. The 4.5 year old has been kicked out of kindergarden over hitting.   When the 4.5 year old was hitting his sister. I told him not to once. He looked straight at me, smiled and...
Hi everyone, I think you can add me to the wanting but waiting a little longer list. We want children but...I cannot think of a good time to have them! I'm a bundle of worries to be honest. Here is our scenario: Hubby and I have been together for 5 years. We are both studying and gruaduate in 2014 with low interest student loans of around 100k. (thanks god thats it) After we graduate we need to complete our certification which will take 3 years (I'll be 25) and...