or Connect

Posts by Gindugirl

I gave birth to identical twins (which doesn't have a genetic component) in July 2012.  I had very very strong symptoms starting as early as 8dpo: lots of cramping, light headed, extra discharge, nausea- but the way it would feel more like 7 weeks along. Yet I hadn't even missed my period! Then, I got back my blood tests and the hcg was doubling extremely fast, but my progesterone was still low.  An ultrasound at 7 weeks only showed one baby, but I felt so weird.  They...
Hi everyone, some of you may remember me from some other posts.  I didn't write often, but found this thread and this site so refreshing and actually a real life savor at times.  I wanted to thank all of you who answered my questions and gave me hope while I was battling the medical establishment durning my pregnancy.  It really helped me get through!  I would like to say I went into labor July 25, 2012 when I was 37 weeks.  I was supposed to be induced the next day, but...
Thank you for all these replies.  I just wanted to update everyone.  I ended going into labor on my own (well, with the help of sex, evening of primrose oil, and stripping membranes) when I was 37 weeks.  I pre labored for about 8 hours and then active labor for 6 hours.  I didn't use any drugs whatsoever and despite really mean nurses who seemed to want to undermine my natural labor, I was able to naturally and vaginally deliver identical twin sons on July 25, 2012....
I'm now 36.2 weeks pregnant and except for some contractions, I don't see labor in sight yet.  I agree this is too small of a group and too many variables to gauge whether u/s make a difference in gestation.  I just hope a larger study is done at some point.
Thanks ladies.  I just find this subject fascinating.  I agree, the correlation would more likely come from the fact that the extra sonograms would lead to more worry and possibly earlier inductions.   I have come to terms with my every 2 week u/s and now weekly NST's and then Bi-weekly NST's at 34 weeks!  It's just so much.  I'm doing it b/c of course I'm buying into the worry that if I don't I could miss something.  So the the risk or inconvenience of the scans doesn't...
I read somewhere (but it's vague) that too many ultrasounds can increase the chances of delivering early.  So now I'm curious and would like to do my own mini study with the women here.   So reply and put how often you were scanned in your twin pregnancy, whether it was mono-di or di-di and then what week you went into labor.   I'm super curious.  I am almost 32 weeks with  mono-di twins and I get scanned every 2 weeks and I'm about to move to weekly NST's.  It...
Ah, DiannaK, I read your blog!  Thank you so much!  What an awesome birth story!  I am truly hoping I have a similar outcome.  But I'm also trying to make sure they allow my husband to hold baby A skin to skin while I push baby B.  And I want them on me right away, not cleaned up.  I hope the nurses let that happen.  Oh boy, it's getting close and people like you give me hope!  Thank you!   oh and how many weeks were you when you went into labor?
DiannaK- that's pretty much what my Peri wants to do.  He said I don't have to have stirrups with baby A, but with Baby B it's prob gonna be a breech extraction and he wants me in the stirrups- urrgg.  But at least I know he won't try to section me if baby B isn't vertex and I appreciate that.     But question- did you have an epidural?  I'm doing it natural and I'm kinda nervous about his arm up my vajay vajay pulling baby b out.  Yikes!  How fast did that go for you?
Thanks ladies!  I'm going to really push for this one, cuz it's too important to me.  I meet with my Peri next week and I hope he's ok with it.
Speedfunk- I see you're in NY.  What hospital did you deliver at?   I'm negotiable on delivering in the OR, but I have decided that they must let my dh, sis and doula in with me.  I would be really pissed if they try to forbid them, and then I have residents and staff around for "the show," as speed funk said.     Mamalove- I'm curious about your friend too.  Keep us posted!