or Connect

Posts by Tbutton

Haha that's great, tropicalfever!! And he's adorable too!! My little boy is also a little tornado, but I'm really enjoying it- even if I don't stand a chance at keeping the house clean :). I just love those sweet baby cheeks and pudgy thighs! I think there's nothing better!
Pogo! Sorry, it's been forever since I got on here. How's it going? Is the car seat any better yet? We've finally gotten a relatively good system going for us. I moved out of the backseat since he only wanted me to get him out if he knew I was right there. So now he's in the back behind the passenger seat, and my daughter is behind the driver seat. Now if he gets super upset, I climb into the back and sit in the middle. Instead of taking him out, I nurse him by leaning...
Just wanted to add that I loved loved loved flats as well. They just seem so much easier to get clean and dry and, and I really enjoyed learning new folds. I could immediately use them with my newborn, and just adjust the fold as he got older (and I doubled them at night very successfully). I also would fold them into quarters fresh out of the dryer, then finish the fold when I put them on him. It seemed to save time for them to be folded partway (or you can just fold them...
Hey, Pogo! Have you uploaded any of those pictures?? I'd love to see some :). I'm glad he's getting past the car seat problems. Cormac is doing a little better, but not better enough for us to make it the twenty to forty minutes it takes to get anywhere! Ugh. I'm so sorry your husband is in the hospital! I hope everything is okay!!   My dad offered to buy us a carpet remnant and pad for our living room so I could finally put the boy down, and after the first day of...
I'm so sorry! That sounds so frustrating. I can say that at four weeks postpartum, I was really not up for anything that took strength or stamina, so I don't think you're weak at all! I have a three year old girl and a six month old boy. With my little girl, when she was a newborn, I mostly sat in our recliner that also rocked when the foot rest was down. We would nurse, and then she'd drift off to sleep, and I just let her sleep in my arms. She was either nursing, or...
I agree whole-heartedly that car rides suck! I don't ever go anywhere. We live in a tiny little town in Texas that doesn't even have a grocery store, so there is almost literally nowhere that I can go that will be less than forty minutes round trip. Cormac can handle about 8 minutes in his seat before he starts crying then screaming then shaking/sweating/screaming. It's just horrible, so I can't handle it! My husband now does all the grocery shopping, and I only get out...
Oh my gosh, aruss, he's soooo adorable!! I'm so sorry you've been having such a rough time! I'm glad things are starting to feel normal again. These babies sure know how to do a number on us!
It's so nice to see you guys on here! I've hated how dead it's gotten :(. I've had a thousand ideas it seems for things that I'd like to ask or talk about, but I wasn't sure it would be any use!   I love the pictures! Rebeccajm, I just love her rolls!! She is so adorable!!! Pogo- your little man is looking precious! How is he doing now?   I just had a birthday, and I got this brand new computer that I'm using right now from my parents and brothers who pitched in...
I'm so glad that is helpful!! I know it's helped me a lot with my daughter and now with having more than one child. I worried so much about how to do things when you have a baby and a toddler. I never could picture it ahead of time, but it turns out that I didn't have to-over time, everything just works out perfectly!
I definitely think it becomes clearer as they get older. There have been so many times in parenting that I haven't been able to see how I'd get from now to then- whether it was sleeping, weaning, discipline, potty training etc. I knew she was supposed to one day sleep in her own room, pee on a toilet, eat only solid food, and behave well, but I could never have pictured the path we'd take for each one of those major milestones, yet here we are and she's done it all! As my...