or Connect

Posts by Tbutton

Gosh, my daughter is 3 and a half, and I still can't imagine her spending a night away. I would be lost without her! I thought after weaning it would be easier or plausible at least, but she still gets upset if I'm not there to tuck her in at night. Even Daddy won't do, so i just can't imagine her enjoying herself. I remember sleepovers when I was in elementary school, starting in kindergarten, but I got terribly homesick and didn't enjoy myself. I would get really worried...
It sounds like you've got a good handle on things, but I thought I'd add my experience in case it helps. My daughter at that age took naps in the wrap or in my arms while nursing- I honestly didn't even question it, and I really rather enjoyed it. I remember having the same thought- I'm still treating her like I did when she was a newborn. She nursed all night and didn't have any schedule or bedtime/naptime routine. I literally just laid down and nursed her to sleep every...
Thank you!!! I'm just eating him up now- I love this age!
Aren't husbands wonderful like that? I sure do enjoy not having to navigate all this stuff alone. I just posted new pictures of my boy in the photos thread . Thanks for asking for them!
Here's my boy now at 3 months old .
I'm so sorry you don't have a better doctor . We're in the same boat, and it really sucks. We've been fortunate to not need a doctor so far, but if we did, I'm sure we'd be so frustrated. I always feel like I doubt everything they say, but then I can't really just ignore them either, so in the end, I'm just frustrated and confused. I can't believe that doctor had never seen an intact boy before! I remember my MIL asking me questions about why we decided not to circumcise...
Hey, Pogo! I'm sorry the first few months have been so rough! Here's my two cents for whatever it's worth: my understanding is that green poop is a sign that your baby is getting too much foremilk/not enough hind milk, and the hindmilk is what flushes the bilirubin out of their system. For my babies, both have spit up a lot (this one more than my first) but only because I'm making lots of milk and they just spit up when their tummies are too full. Mine would qualify as...
Clarasmama- I hear you on being drenched! I've been pretty upset about not fitting into any clothes- I'm too small for my maternity stuff and too big for my pre- preggo clothes. I found something the other day that I actually felt cute in, and within five minutes Bubs had spit up all over me. The amount of laundry I'm doing over here is staggering! I drench him, myself, and the pre fold I use as a burp cloth, then he turns around and either spits up on my shirt at and...
Clarasmama- how's it going? Is your supply getting any better? As soon as my milk lets down, Cormac unlatches, crying, and I let the milk spray into a burp cloth. When it's no longer spraying, just dripping, I let him latch on again. That works well for us. I also usually only nurse laying down. It seems better for him when gravity isn't making things worse. It's a lot better than it was, but he's still throwing up once a day or every other day, so it's still too much milk...
I'm so sorry Tiqa. I was also really looking forward to having a break from fertility. We're not comfortable with any artificial birth control which leaves natural family planning and lactational amenorrhea- which is what we did after DD, and we were very successful. Of all the principals of ecological breastfeeding, we seem to be missing comfort nursing the most. He just hasn't been able to nurse to sleep with my oversupply going on, and I can't calm him with nursing....