or Connect

Posts by Tbutton

I just wanted to comment on the breech worries. My babe was head down for a while then flipped at 35-36 weeks. I was getting pretty worried!! I looked up some things to try, and I read a few people suggest using cold or sound to encourage the baby to flip. So I got on my hands and knees and put a bag of ice on my belly where I thought baby's head was. I felt the head immediately respond! I also read someone suggest putting an electric razor up to your belly and turning it...
I just wanted to suggest Elizabeth Pantley's No Cry Sleep Solution for toddlers if you haven't already checked that out. It has lots of suggestions with tons of different ideas and tools to try out and see what works best for your child. With my daughter (who turned three in October), we gave up naps a few months before her third birthday. I felt it was time because if she took a nap, she went to bed much later and with such a battle. It took a couple weeks for her to...
Okay, here is my birth plan:   If post-date, I prefer trying natural induction methods first, only considering other options after 42 weeks I prefer not having any students, interns, etc. in the room to observe the birth I would like to keep vaginal checks to a minimum- once upon admittance, once to confirm complete dilation (if I have the urge to push) I would prefer a hep-lock instead of IV during labor I would prefer intermittent monitoring throughout...
Great idea! I just created mine, and I used a couple of birth plan templates I found to make sure I wasn't forgetting anything. Here they are in case you're interested: http://www.childbirth.org/interactive/ibirthplan.html http://www.earthmamaangelbaby.com/free-birth-plan I'm going to be in a hospital with a regular OB. I was very upset about that, but after showing my doctor my plan, which even included hubby catching the baby, and her being totally gung-ho, I'm...
Way to go, sapientia!! Sounds like you've been busy and productive! I usually do all homemade gifts for Christmas but decided I just couldn't handle it this year. I'm impressed you got all that done!! rebeccajm- hopefully this thread will make getting those things done more exciting! It's been working well for me as far as motivation. I'll wait to re-post an updated list until I've gotten more done. Our big things for the week were giving our dog back to the breeder...
So glad you're on board, rebeccajm! I saw that you mentioned cloth safe diaper cream- do you have any suggestions for brands or homemade?? Or does anyone else?    Anahatachakra- thanks so much for the link. That's a very neat idea!   organicviolen- I totally feel your "we just moved" pain. We had to sell most of our stuff, so we could fit everything into a trailer and move from Georgia to Texas since my husband was coming back from his deployment early. Pregnant...
Ms. Rabbit- I have to chime in on the restless legs. I've never had it before, but I do with this pregnancy, and it totally drives me insane! I tried reading up on it, and I read that fatigue or sleep deprivation really exaggerate it, and that definitely seems to be the case for me. If I don't get enough sleep, as soon as I lay down the next night, it's just horrible. Or if I stay up too late, I notice it getting worse and worse. I've finally gotten to the point where I...
Thanks for the Bravado suggestions! I might just have to ask for that for Christmas from my DH or mom- they look perfect!   Here is my progress report!   To Make: Diaper Covers Mama Cloth 2 Wet Bags Baby Book for new baby Finish baby book for Samantha Wipes Solution Nursing Camisoles   To Clean/Organize: Move printer/set up in living room Clean out Fridge Clean bathroom rug Handwash Samantha's new clothes Set up sewing...
What about Caillou? We like it because it's completely innocent and is actually meant for toddlers. There is gentle parenting, no propaganda, and nothing violent or alarming to worry about.
I'm so glad I'm not alone! Thanks, sapientia, for the nursing bra suggestion! Tiqa- it sounds like you've got a lot on your plate- I hope things fall into place relatively easily . I can understand how you feel about wanting to get kiddos out of your hair. They must sense the tension because my daughter seems to be hanging by a thread lately. Even our dogs our losing their minds! I'll post later with an updated list! I hope it doesn't say anything to terrible about me...