or Connect

Posts by Tbutton

I am now 34 weeks along, and I have SO much to do before baby gets here. I was feeling completely overwhelmed this morning, so I found the suggestion to write down absolutely everything, divide it into categories, and then prioritize. Unfortunately, there wasn't one thing I could actually take off the list, but it's already helped me feel less overwhelmed. Beyond that, I thought it would be fun to make a thread where we could all share our to do lists before baby's big...
Thanks, Adorkable, I really hope to be helpful. We moms need all the helpful advice and encouragement we can get. This parenting stuff isn't for the faint of heart!
I can totally relate to your frustrations. My daughter just turned three, and her pickiness about clothes, teeth, etc seems ridiculous at times. I don't know if you have ever heard of this book, but Discipline Without Distress has really helped me in gauging what's appropriate developmentally and they have tons of different suggestions for all these types of problems. Aside from that, I would suggest accepting that this is normal- you are NOT failing. And for me, I HAVE...
My daughter, who just turned three, hasn't been open to re-direction, especially for something she really cares about, for quite a while now. That really only worked when she was very small. What she DOES respond well to is a firm but gentle No followed by me telling her why and then when I would be okay with her getting what she wants, if that's appropriate. So if she wanted to nurse when I didn't want her to, I just said No, Mommy needs to rest, but you can have num nums...
My daughter is three now and has outgrown her hatred for the carseat, but I remember it started when she was only a few days old. She screamed nonstop and it totally frayed my nerves. We tried lots of things but only a few helped. There was one song by Damian Marley that calmed her, but after listening to that a thousand times in a row, we didn't feel much better off . After her first couple of months, and me not going anywhere if I could help it, I would sometimes sit in...
Sorry for the delay- I was able to find the link. Here it is: http://www.rixafreeze.com/pdf/gregorywhite.pdf
Well, I'm not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for, but my cheap childbirth prep has been reading the Emergency Childbirth Manual (by Gregory White- you can download it for free online) to my husband for a refresher. Partly in preparation for a possibly fast labor, but also because it's written in the perfect matter of fact tone for a man to appreciate (at least mine does, anyway . It covers the basics of labor and goes over what to expect of the woman in labor...
I liked Strider and already like Mothering on Facebook. I'd love to win this for my three year old daughter!
For me "real" contractions and BH feel very different. The BH I feel as a tightening all over that isn't painful, but does at times take my breath away. I would say I feel it most around my belly button. Real contractions, for me, felt like menstrual cramps. With DD, they started out irregular but felt obviously different from BH, then they just increased in intensity and regularity. They always felt like menstrual cramps for me, though. I thought the correlation between...
Yes! In my previous pregnancy, I don't remember having any BH until the last month. This time I felt them starting at 19 weeks! That really surprised me. My labor with my daughter was only 4 and a half hours, so I am also wondering if it will have anything to do with length of labor this time. At this point I'm getting a handful in a day- maybe four or five or more usually every day. I'm not worried since I don't feel like anything is wrong. They're not regular or painful,...