or Connect

Posts by Tbutton

And here's another one from Laura Shanley's site. Four hospital births, one midwife-attended homebirth, then one unassisted. http://www.unassistedchildbirth.com/unassisted-childbirth/birth-stories/from-tragedy-to-tranquility/
Here's a story for you! A UC birth after six hospital births! http://www.unassistedchildbirth.com/unassisted-childbirth/birth-stories/after-six-medical-births-i-finally-have-the-birth-i-deserve/
Sorry I missed these responses! Thank you for the support. There isn't a birth center here that is covered by my insurance, unfortunately. I am living in Jarrell Tx, which is just north of Georgetown in the Austin area. I'm still undecided. I think I'm waiting for my husband to get home to do more, but right now I am seriously considering just going unassisted. I will see what my husband thinks when we can really talk about it. I know he is open to the option, and if he...
I'm not sure how helpful this will be, but I just read this article on birthing the placenta and PPH, so I thought I'd pass it along since I thought it was very helpful and informative: http://midwifethinking.com/2012/05/05/an-actively-managed-placental-birth-might-be-the-best-option-for-most-women
Gosh, Anilia, thank you!! That is very encouraging! I really do hate that whole interview process, so those are good words to hear. I did interview a midwife who sort of horrified me, and I walked out saying "I'm still interviewing other midwives, but I have your number!" I'm hoping some of that experience and not being a first time mom will give me bigger balls than I had last time. I put up with such horrible things from my OB then. I can't believe how submissive I was!...
Thanks for the pep-talk Anilia . I didn't see your reply until after I responded! It's true I do get to choose my caregiver, so thanks for the positive words. I totally hate interviewing, but I'm sure you're right. I'll just look for that lack of flinching!! I can't afford a Doula, but I've heard that you can call DONA and ask for a doula in training in your area? If they are working on their certification evidently they are free or cheap! I might give that a whirl- it...
Thank you so much for your reply. That book looks like it may be very helpful- it's certainly worth a shot!! I think part of what I'm looking for are ideas for compromises or alternatives- instead of just refusing everything if that seems to not be possible. Like what can they do instead of constant monitoring that still meets their need to check the baby's heart rate but gives me freedom to move around? Do hospitals have the handheld Dopplers? That's the kind of thing I'm...
Just a little backstory- I found out a week after my husband left for a year long deployment that we are pregnant. We were thrilled to have something so positive to focus on during this difficult time, even if the timing meant he would miss the birth. Now it's been five and a half months since he left, and we just learned that he is coming back six months early! I am ecstatic, of course, as is my daughter, but this meant that we have to move. We have been living in...
Love r4ks, just wanted to tell you that my heart goes out to you, and you are in my prayers!!
Here you go, Anilia: