or Connect

Posts by Tbutton

I can understand your need for information. It seems like our women's intuition is on a whole new level while pregnant and giving birth. I don't have experience personally with this, but agree it's always good to research and trust your instincts. I don't know if this will be helpful, but I did recently read the birth story of Dean, and thought that that contained lots of information (along with an update on the last page that shows him at a year old). She is definitely...
Thank you so much, Anilia!! I'll keep an eye out for one that I can try on. I really appreciate the suggestion!
Here I am today. I'll be 23 weeks tomorrow (or in ten minutes, I guess :).           
Not sure if you've already decided, but I wanted to recommend Debi Thomas. I talked with Sarahn on the phone but wasn't as comfortable with her, personally. I really LOVE Debi and feel like she is a wonderful midwife. I found her comforting, reassuring, confident, and very knowledgable (she has many years of experience). I really have grown quite fond of her!!!
Oh, and Anilia- I was going to ask the same thing... How do you pronounce Neva? 
rebeccajm- I like Ivey the most of those names. It's very pretty, I like the spelling, it seems unique yet simple and easy to pronounce.   So I'm just curious, how does everyone here ultimately decide on a name? Is it just the one you can agree on with your dh? Or the best name you can think of, or the one that "feels right"? I have a friend who said with her third baby, that when they were thinking of names, they settled on one not because it was the greatest name...
I'll join your anterior placenta support! I'm also 22 weeks, and it definitely is not the same this time. Fortunately, over the past week it's finally gotten a bit more consistent. We've gone with no technology this time and finally heard the heartbeat for the first time (with the fetascope) just a couple days ago. How beautiful a sound that was! I'm happy to finally be at a point where I can feel the baby's movements when I'm not lying down at least, even if they don't...
So, I might be a little late to this thread, but I just wanted to say that I own two Girasol wraps, and I LOVE them. I got one for DD when she was just a couple months old, because she was pretty high needs and really never wanted to be put down. I thought it was fantastic to be hands free but wearing something that I really found very comfortable. I tried friends' mei tais, ergos, etc, but I just didn't think any of them offered the comfort and closeness that the wrap...
I definitely feel your pain, and I am SO sorry. I get lots of migraines with pregnancies. I know it's hormonally related since I also get them with my cycle, but I'm prone to them anyway. It just doesn't take much for me to get them normally, and when I'm pregnant it's ridiculous how easy it is. I just pay very close attention to what triggers them, although, there are a few that are unavoidable. I have to stay super super hydrated, eat very often, stay out of the heat,...
I just went to one of those fancy lingerie stores where they do bra fittings and have really nice undies. Anyway, I just asked the lady for some bikini cut underwear that would sit below my belly that didn't have any elastic that would cut into me. Something super soft, stretchy, and lightweight. She pointed me to these panties. I've LOVED them and they have enough stretch that I don't feel like I need to keep going up in size even as I gain weight. They don't cut into...