or Connect

Posts by sonflawah

We did blw the first 3 times. I know I was kind of haphazard in how I introduced foods. Never really did the whole 4 day wait rule, which looking back  I probably should have given his mspi and other food sensitivities through my milk. Then, when he failed all those tries, I thought maybe it was the texture he wasn't handling, so we tried pureed spoon feeding, which also didn't work. The final time I was going to try puree spoon feeding again, but he refused the spoon. I...
Yes, he tries to eat everything I am eating. But if I give him food (more than a tiny taste), he is just so miserable and neither of us sleep for a day or so. :(   I just don't get it because he is so happy and growing on breast milk alone. I was looking forward to starting solids 3 months ago because I thought it might help him sleep better.   The worst food was sweet potatoes. He was up all night. :(
My 9 month old is exclusively breastfed. I have given him solids 5 times before for a few days to a week each time, and every time he acts unhappy. His silent reflux comes back, he starts waking frequently at night and does not go back to sleep, he wakes up crying, he arches his back and screams, goes off the breast while nursing.... basically he seems very unhappy.    I am also wondering if it could be food sensitivities. He is MSPI (can't tolerate milk or soy) and also...
Thanks for the replies! :)   Moominmamma,You make a really good point about paying attention to how I am responding to her when she acts interested in traditional academic skills vs other things. I will definitely try and make sure that I am showing equal enthusiasm for all of her interests!   I graduated high school a few years early. I was bored through most of my academic career and socially awkward as a child and teenager because all I did was read and learn things...
We suspect my almost 2 year old is gifted. It runs in the family, so we weren't really all that surprised when she started showing signs.    Our family is concerned that we are pushing academics on her, but is that even possible if she wants to learn it? She has always been obsessed with letters (her favorite letter is Q), colors, shapes, numbers, and books. I didn't set out to teach her the alphabet by the time she was 1 1/2, it just happened. One day she just started...
DD (23 months) has a suspected gluten and/or dairy intolerance. What are your thoughts? I'm trying to decide what to do. Here is her (our) history...   -- DD never had yellow, seedy stool as a newborn, it was green with flecks of what looked like dried blood -- Diagnosed with a milk protein allergy or intolerance (unsure) and I stopped consuming dairy when she was 4 months, stool was healthier, but still not ideal. -- Introduced cheese into both our diets when she was...
I was wondering if my c-section was necessary. I had a c-section with DD 17 months ago, and was going to have a VBAC with DS this time around, didn't quite work out that way. I was on my way to my 38 week check-up when I got into a minor car accident. No real damage. Doc said go to the hospital to get checked out. Ultrasound shows nothing abnormal but my belly feels tender where my seat belt would have tightened, fetal monitoring shows nothing abnormal, but blood tests...
I was wondering the same thing today! I don't know, but I'll be following this post.... 
I try to feed my family as much whole, organic, unprocessed foods as possible, but I haven't gotten around to making pasta yet. The local grocery store has 2 options: organic white pasta and whole wheat pasta (100%). I'm trying to decide which is healthier. The fact that a lot of wheat in the US is GMO is not good for the whole wheat pasta because it could be GMO and we *really* try and avoid any GMO products. However, I understand the benefits of whole wheat vs. white...
I'm 27 weeks pregnant with my 2nd. Technically, if you want to split hairs, I had pre-e with my first because my blood pressure was high and protein in my urine of 304 (pre-e cut off is 300). It remained very mild though, even went undiagnosed as pre-e by my OB. Well, this time around my blood pressure is normally 100-110/60-70 and at the doctor's office it was 128/108 and on a 2nd try 30 minutes later it was 134/84, both high for me. This prompted a 24 hour urine test...