or Connect

Posts by Jyotsna

The other post about PAS has me wondering if there is a way to prove PAS.  My ex has been working hard to tell the kids I am a bad mother, don't allow enough time for him (we are working according to PPP, and I have offered extra time to their father, which he has refused) and in general he does not allow me to speak to my children, OR he allows them to speak, but leaves the TV on very loud, on a favorite show/movie/cartoon.  This (as the other parent said) is the tip of...
Thanks everyone. It is an old wound, that I have worked on and put behind me.  When my son asked and even demanded to know about it, I was completely off balance.  I will explain everything to them, but I know it will always cause them to think there is a secret, one that could be bad, and they will always remember this.  My son was the one that brought it out to my dd2 who doesn't even go with son and dd1. Thanks for your comments on helping me process this.  It...
I was married before being married to their dad. That's it.  But it was something I had never thought to tell them at this age, and it was my story, my information to share.  It was not for him to tell the kids, when it didn't involve him.  That he went as far as to put them in front of the computer and go on the internet to look up the information and show the name of the ex, was bizarre.  It was horrible to have to look my son in the eyes and answer something, with him...
  My ex told my children something very private and very true to my children, something that I wanted to tell them when they were old enough to understand the details without misconstrueing the information. I have finally calmed down about it, but I wonder where he will stop.  Will he continue telling the children things that I have told him when we were engaged or married?  Information that I would share with a soon to be husband.  Will he tell them other things,...
I was born in Memphis and living here most of my life, and while I'm not a young mama like many of you, I have kids who are getting into the babysitting stage...so let us know if you would like some help.   Also, I've been a natural mama for my entire 14 years of parenting, and we homeschool.  My son is going to highschool in the fall, so it will be just us girls, and we will be about to get out and about more for hanging out with friends, which has often been alot...
What you are saying here terrifies me for you.  My ex was abusive before we seperated, but he attempted and did suceed on pushing his way into the house several times, sometimes using the excuse that he wanted to talk to my son, but instead pushed the door open, blocked me from walking away, threatened to kill us all, holding my dd1 in his arms, and so much.    Document, document, document!  Everything.  Write down the dates and times he calls to speak to your...
Preggie:  Have you been to Sharon Astyks blog?  She does this with her husband, and writes about the economy, teaches online classes ect.  It is very hard for her, but it is the life she chooses.  I have taken two of her online classes, fortunately she offers scholarships.  : )
Happy New Year everyone!  I have some great news...we have a house and will move soon.  I'm planning to care for two babies to help increase my income (and I love babies and toddlers)!   I think this year is looking better all ready.  I'll have a warm bedroom!  I'm so happy.  Anyway, wanted to share the news.  Where do you go to get good washer and dryer's, beds and tables?  I've been watching Craigslist for a while, both Free and For Sale, and haven't found anything...
Karmabat,   PM me because I am about to start caring for children ages 6 weeks to 2 years.  Also, will be doing some after school care for a girl in the 9 to 11 year old range.  My girls are 10 years old.   I homeschool and my oldest will be going to high school in the fall (literally going to school instead of homeschool.).   Jyotsna   3Jays, your picture is leading me to believe you might have some news.  ????  : ) 
We are down to the last $18 of the year.   I wanted to have more to take over into the New Year, maybe even $100, but things didn't stretch out.  However, We are enjoying the holiday spirit, making cookies and decorating them, decorated a Ginger Bread House, the girls loved this, and yes, I have both of my girls with me for Christmas for the first time in 5 years....which is accounting for most of my holiday cheer!   We are dead broke, but we have each other.  I'm...