or Connect

Posts by Jyotsna

Hi mamas, Could I get some information from you all? I am a doula, and I have a mama who is scheduled for c-section in October. We are trying to come up with an alternative price for my services, based on the time started from c-section, until she can feel her legs again, and can reach over to get the baby, to nurse. She would like to keep the baby in her room and wants me to help her with her own recover, as well as bringing the baby to her for nursing, and holding...
We are okay now. He doesn't look as bad as he did on Sunday, and perhaps I am getting used to it. X did say, "fine, if you don't want me to cut his hair, you can do it from now on" ,which is fine. I don't why he started cutting ds's hair in the first place, except that he was demanding that I do it, and ds didn't want it done yet. So except for the "Buddhist Monk" look we are okay. Thanks for your comments!
I am in a similar situation as far as violent x. We have wasted time in the courts and via mediation because he WANTS the kids to spend time with him. He has a horrible sanitary situation in his house, and he is abrupt and sometime down right terrifying to the kids. He has reduced child support because he has two weekends out of the month, and has the 5th weekend, which is terrible. he also has reduced child support because he just plain damn reduced it and is...
: I feel the same way. I am affraid to put my kids through more than they have already been through. I understand that some of you have not had difficult divorces and post divorces, but unfortunately I have, and ex will not stop battering us with misery. If another man did that to my kids, (and me) I don't see how they could cope. They are really hoping that I will find a good husband, and we will live happily ever after....not that life is like that, but they feel...
We enjoyed another educational website (kentucky bugs) thanks to the previous poster. My daughter Lakshmi loved it, but so did the other two kids. I am itching all over however, and even jumped once when I "felt" a bug crawling on my foot.
From my blog today: Some time ago, we purchased tee shirts to wear on field trips, ect. The kids chose gold-yellow, and have chosen to call our school "OM" School....just leaving out the H and E. I thought it was really cute, and liked the idea. We are going to put an OM sign on the front of each shirt, and on the back, were are going to put "Homeschooling on the Run", with little feet stamped around the words. We'll post a photo of it when were finished (on my...
Just wanted to jump in here and say what I did. My mom suggested that instead of putting SAHM, that I put the dates and say "family obligation". Everyone has had family obligations and she suggested that I explain it at the interview, if asked about it. I did get the interview, and was asked, explained what I did, and got the job. Good luck!
Everyone, Thanks for your varied thoughts. It is good to have a place to hash this out, before I hash anything out with X. Lilyka, Thanks for your comment about suggesting that X respects ds's body. That is the crux here. Thanks.
At 43, I am probably the only mama who would love to have more children. However, I would love JUST one more...particularly a boy. My kids are adopted, and the country they come from will not allow me to adopt as a single person with three children already in my home. And my age is another issue. Somehow, if it is supposed to be, I will settle with a wonderful man and we will figure out how to have another child together. If I were your age, I would feel just as...
Are you asking how far in advance should he give you notice when he needs you to take your son for him, or how far in advance should he give notice that he is taking him out of town?