or Connect

Posts by Acaatee

Don't mean to be pessimistic, but it could never come in.  My sister has both top lateral incisors that never came in (both baby and adult).  My brother had the baby ones, but the adult ones are not coming in, and was advised to take care of the baby laterals, so they can be capped when he's older.  Genetics...
That's not plaque, that's decalcification.   Drilling and filling cavities doesn't solve the problem.  If the eyes are the window to the soul, teeth are the window to your health. I'm not interested in any quick fixes.   And for the record, I took her to the dentist when I first saw the white lines and was told that they must have developed in utero.  And you want me to put my trust in conventional medicine?   If it wasn't for me checking periodically, the...
What's a buccal frenum, is that another name for lip tie?   Ours was the same in Ottawa, $500 for both lip and tongue tie, including consult, procedure and follow up.
First photo was taken April 26th, when I first discovered the cavities. Second photo taken June 5th. Third and fourth taken June 20 two days post-frenectomy.  They have different lighting.  In the third, it looks like the cavities are worse, while the last photo it doesn't look too bad.      
Thank you so much for answering my questions.  I want to give you an update:   10 days after starting the regimen above, DD gained a full pound, which was very encouraging.  I feel guilty however, because I've been feeding her with the syringe, whether the cod liver oil, the coddled egg yolks, etc.  Sometimes she eats, sometimes I have to distract with sights and sounds and then quickly get a bite into her mouth.  I'm desperate though to get her weight up and...
Hi,   I found someone willing to do it, without GA, on DD who will be 19 months next week.   Dr. Fayad in Ottawa, who specializes in it, has been doing it for years, and does I heard an average of 15 a month (something about getting referrals from midwives, and that there is more awareness over the last couple of years).  Anyhow, I'm seeing him with DD on the 18th to get the procedure done, God-willing.  (My first time in Ottawa and for a dental visit!  Long 8...
Ok, thanks for the info.  I have some more questions, but I'll give you my experience with DD today.   Hylands infamous 4, 2 pills three times today.   FCLO and BO, 3 times, but the last time she spit it out. The other two I did while she watched TV.  I hate letting her watch TV, but today and yesterday, God knows how many hours she watched, while I was doing my research online figuring things out about the whole liptie/tongue tie/decay issue.  Normally it's on...
Ok, I'm jumping on the bandwagon:   I've already been giving DD Green Pastures FCLO and BO, but I'm going to give her 3 small doses per day, instead of one large one.   I caved in and got all four cell salts from the health food store.  She loves them!  I guess cause of the lactose sweetness.   I also got a toddler probiotic for her, hopefully it'll get rid of the thrush and balance her gut issues.  I'll be giving her 1/4 teaspoon twice daily.   We're...
Thank you so much for you reply, it's much appreciated.   I'm feeling really really depressed now.   I was checking her upper central incisors, and noticed darkening on the lingual side (inside, close to tongue).  The decay is worse than I thought.   In addition to that, I just saw a white film on the roof of her mouth.  I can't believe it, my daughter has thrush.  She's never had it before.  I don't know what to do.  She's been extremely irritable the last...
Thank you so much for you reply, I really appreciate it.   I'm not really comfortablem with xylitol, so most likely I won't use it.   However, I'm still curious about the cell salts.  I don't like to use anything synthetic.  For example, I'm using GReen Pastures FCLO, because it's a natural superfood, with naturally high levels of vit a. and d.  But cell salts, how do they make those?  What makes these different from synthetic supplements?  And what form of zinc...