or Connect

Posts by cieloazul

Hotsauce, you ARE an empowered warrior goddess woman. YOU ARE! It can feel so out of control not to know what your birth is going to look like and even more so when some of the options are troubling to you. IME labor and birth is one big lesson in letting go of control and trusting...our bodies, our partners and birth support people, and our surroundings. So you're doing good work here to sift through your past experiences and your present fears. I believe in you and in...
Yay, Kate, so glad your placenta's out of the way!
I made a batch of lactation cookies last week and have pretty much decided that eating a bowl of oatmeal with flax and brewers yeast is way easier and less sugary. If you do make cookies, I agree with previous poster that upping the flaxseed would probably be a good substitution for the eggs. The butter could be replaced with coconut oil.
Ditto BFAR. Also this site: http://www.mobimotherhood.org/MM/default.aspx As somone who has had breast surgery, whenever you work with any "expert" be they a lactation consultant or a midwife or what have you, I encourage you to share not just your surgical history but WHY you had surgery and what your breasts were like before surgery. I found with my first child that a lot of people focused on my post-surgery breasts when the real issue was that my pre-surgery breasts...
Hi all. Short version is I'm an 2nd time IGT mama who planned to combo feed but DD arrived a month early and our BF plans are changing accordingly. I could really use some encouragement. Here's my BFing backstory and what I expected I would do with a full term baby. Today DD is 2 weeks old (37w4d adjusted). Being early, she is tiny and needs to eat, eat, eat in order to gain weight and regulate her temperature. At this point she's doing both very well but she still tires...
PMed you in case they're still available. How sweet of you to share them with this community.
Short version is I'm an IGT mama who would have combo fed due to supply issues even with a full-term baby. I posted about it a whole back but don't have the link handy. Anyway, the plan for "Imaginary Full Term Baby" was that I'd supplement at the breast with an SNS. Matilda however came with a less mature ability to suck/swallow, tires easily, and needs to use her calories to keep her temp up and to put on weight. I got a lot of support from my MWs to express BM and...
Matilda Jane Nov 13, 2012 (35w4d) 5 lbs. 11 oz. About 18 in. long, they don't measure them here in the UK Link to birth story: http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1367942/crap-pretty-sure-im-leaking-fluid-35w4d/40#post_17175840   On her birthday       In the NICU with big brother...I love how he doesn't see the wires or tubes or anything but his precious baby sister.       I should put a quarter next to her for scale. Here she is...
Thanks, everyone, for the good wishes. I'm hopping over to the new baby thread to post pics if I can get it done before she wakes up!
Hi ladies. Matilda is sleeping here next to me as I read your updates from this week and last. Thank you all for holding us in your hearts, didn't mean to worry anyone. I'm feeling a bit wistful about not being pregnant anymore so I may be a little MIA on these threads for the next few weeks. As much as I love being able to wear my wedding ring and sleep on my tummy, I'd rather be hugely pregnant. That seems to be where the postpartum emotions are manifesting for me,...