or Connect

Posts by Melanie7977

That's for sure.  It seems like no matter what you do, there are risks!  Its so frustrating and I still have no idea what I should do. 
Sorry if I wasn't clear on that point about Singles.  Yes you can get shingles later in life from just getting the vaccine, because the vaccine is the live virus like you said Katt and then it has dormant in your body.  What I meant was for those kids who never get the vaccine or natural chicken pox...then they are not at risk for Shingles later in life...assuming they never catch Chicken Pox.  Maybe my 2 year old is too young to deal with it...especially if she has a...
Sorry if I wasn't clear on that point about Singles.  Yes you can get shingles later in life from just getting the vaccine, because the vaccine is the live virus like you said Katt and then it has dormant in your body.  What I meant was for those kids who never get the vaccine or natural chicken pox...then they are not at risk for Shingles later in life...assuming they never catch Chicken Pox.  Maybe my 2 year old is too young to deal with it...especially if she has a...
Katt, thanks for your reply but  the only way you can get Shingles is if you've had chicken pox.  You cannot get it without first having chicken pox.  Yes Shingles is the same virus, but it is a reactivation of the chicken pox virus that is already in your body that comes on later in life.  Here are some sources:   Can a person who has never had chickenpox develop shingles? No. To get shingles, one must already have had a case of chickenpox and therefore harbor the...
But what about the chance of getting shingles later in life?  Does that not concern anyone?  The only way you can get shingles is if you have had the chicken pox.  I feel like no matter what I decide there is a downside and risks.  For everyone out there who's kids got the chicken pox naturally, how bad was it for them?  Anyone have a severe case? 
Hey everyone, my two daughters (2.5 and 5) are both unvaccinated and one of my close friends son has just gotten the chicken pox.  Should I expose my children to him so they can get the disease now and have it done with?  A huge part of me feels like its totally crazy and irresponsible to deliberately try to infect my children with a disease, but I know if they don't get it as kids and get it as adults it can be very severe and even deadly.  But it can also be pretty bad...