or Connect

Posts by babylovex2

thx for your support, mamas. I agree about not mixing the past with the present. so easy to do; once you have kids you can see so often how one affects the other. I guess I'll just wait & see re: confronting her or not. she wants to come up for a visit later this month : Can't say I'm looking forward to seeing her, but the girls are... and that takes precedence for now.
Sorry if this is long and rambling, but I need advice/input on this, as it has been really bothering me for months now. My mom lives 5+ hours away, so we only see her every other month or so. It's sort of a special thing when we do; we make a big deal about it with our 3 year old twin girls. (backgrd: My mom & stepdad live in a fancy gated community. They do not attend church regularly - just major holidays.) Anyway we went down to their house for Easter. She...
Thanks Leatherette. I cling to the stereotype too. I am also HIGHLY idealistic, and want everything/everyone to be perfectly loving, kind, and in control of themselves. I see how lack of control - in any form - makes me feel so scared and unsafe. Safety has become so important to me as an adult. So it's totally freaking me out that my mom is not safe with my kids. To really see and accept that as reality. But I know I must; I'm so good at hiding my head in...
No advice but wanted to offer
I am so grateful to have found this thread... it's comforting to know I'm not the only one with these feelings... though I'm sad for anyone else that shares them. It seems that no matter how much I learn about alcoholism & addiction, I am constantly befuddled as to where all the anger, rage, and sadness I carry come from. Why am I so angry all the time? Why do I feel so sad and alone in the world (despite a wonderful DH)? Then I remember, and think, oh yeah, I guess...
I am an eBay virgin - never used it at all - even the site looks confusing to me. However I have lots of great, barely used kids' items I'd like to sell. Before I do the eBay thing, I have a few questions - Is it long & complicated to get set up as a seller? - What is the average length of time it takes to sell things? - Wouldn't some things cost too much in shipping? (ie, my co-sleeper would cost a ton to ship!) - How do you price out the shipping costs - go to...
It has been a great support to me. A place to vent, to ask questions, to gain understanding. They provide invaluable support and information. I have made many real friends there - whom I can share anything with. Check it out: http://www.al-anon.alateen.org/ There are meetings all over the place. I know how painful & confusing it is living with alcoholism - always wondering if you're crazy or they are! Best of luck
DH had huge success with this. After surviving 9/11, he was having lots of nightmares, visions and memories. Nothing was helping (therapy, SSRIs). After a few sessions of EMDR - maybe 4-5 - he started sleeping fine. He has not had visions or nightmares since. Also, images and videos from 9/11 do not affect him like they once did. It seems that EMDR severs the emotional responses that trauma imprints on the brain. According to him, it was a simple & effective...
Kristina, Thanks so much for your caring, thoughtful & compassionate response. So much of what you say is true for me. I think recently a door has opened for me... letting in a lot of the anger, sadness, grief, etc that I've held in for so long. It letting it all out, I'm living through it again, in a way. Trying to process what my past means... what all of these feelings are about. Your suggestions are very good ones... meditation, forgiveness, compassion for...
I guess this is somewhat tied in with my earlier thread (wishing people were different) but how do you let go of resentments? I find myself consumed by them at times. My own regrets about past decisions, DH's past decisions, and the resulting problems. I'm usually pretty good about staying in the present, focusing on all of my blessings, but lately I feel so distracted by what's wrong! If only DH had completed his degree sooner, if only I had blah blah blah......