or Connect

Posts by gabeyho

My ds5 is almost 15 months now and still bf's a few times a day, and despite having BF all my babies the same, I have always had AF return by their first birthdays but this time not even a peep! I am using the marquette model with the clearblue monitor and can see that the monitor is picking up more frequent rises in estrogen, which apparently means my body is trying to o, but something seems to be keeping me from crossing over that magical threshold to resume regular...
I had one with my first child and it was really uncomfortable/painful. In retrospect 1. my doc did it too late 2. my son had his feet straight up by his ears so if he turned around it may still have been a problem 3. if I did it again i would take the pain relief offered beforehand so my muscles could relax and it would have a better chance at success. It also made me really sore in my abdominal muscles for the next few days. I ended up with a scheduled c/s, which wasn't...
s I am pretty sure that many days my oldest children think I hate them. I feel horrible about it, guilty for having another baby that takes precious time and attention away from the other kids, and mad at the kids for not understanding how much time and effort it takes to care for a baby. I have been known to lock the older ones in the backyard for short periods of time, just to regain my sanity; it's either that, or I feel like people may start getting hurt. I...
i am afraid to even use LAM this time. We so want to permanently TTA, and by now I have met so many women who rely on LAM and have gotten pregnant, and even though it's not typical for me to get ppaf until around 9 months, it could be different this time and my cm is all over the place and seems to be leaning to very fertile quality. I wish I was one of those who get ppaf right away so I didn't have all these months of waiting and guessing. AND, since contraception is out...
LOL!! Mine does it will trying to find/follow his fist, and sometimes when trying to look down at his toes. so frickin cute!!
have you factored in age? I don't know how old you are, but it is certainly a factor. I fully expect that things are a little different for my body this time than all the way back at pg #1, just because after 5 kids I am that much older. 30 ain't 20, right? That being said, tandem nursing could just be what does it for you, and if it is, then more power to you! I am totally freaked that I will get AF earlier than usual this time; normally i get AF around 9-11 months pp,...
the cosleeper mattress is better than a pack n play, but i found after a few years it was even better if i folded a comfy but not too fluffy blanket over it and then put a king size pillowcase over that, instead of the sheet it comes with. this time around i am using my chicco playpen, which has a very nice mattress with excellent support that can be easily taken apart and put in the washing machine. ime the cosleeper is great, esp. the mini if you dont have extra room,...
my bff's dh is 26 and got a vs last summer. they just had ds3 a few days ago. i was really surprised the doc was ok with it cause of his age!
Quote: Originally Posted by jtrt Curious about what you mean by the resolving to educate yourself to be more prepared next time? For me, it was about being more informed about my options and my rights, specifically related to VBAC. I did what I could to learn about normal variances in birth, and how to make sure I did what I could on my part to avoid any interventions that could set me up for another c/s. This is why, with my dd2, I had a HBAC;...
Quote: Originally Posted by smokeylo If he's happy and gaining it probably just needs to be waited out I know, that sucks. I read somewhere that boys tend to spit up for longer than girls by 6-7 weeks. It may just be his way for a little while. That has been my experience with all 5 babies. It always seems like a lot, and often, and they were just like your lo, nursing for comfort but still pulling out milk. I have tried several times...