or Connect

Posts by trainingmommy

I have a question for the successful BLW moms... hope you don't mind. We are all vegetarian too and my son has been nursing and experimenting with all types of food since 5.5 months old. He is now 9 months and anytime I try again to introduce solids (strips/cubes/chunky purees) he will either keep the pieces in his mouth or just mush them in his hand. He shows interest in spoon feeding himself and is learning how to get the spoon to his mouth, but I am wondering if he...
Have you tried making your own chocolate using natural cocoa powder, coconut cream and stevia (refrigerate/freeze)? It would eliminate the sugar but still satisfy the craving and before you know it, the chocolate addiction should be cured. I am doing the same thing right now because I get nasty about needing chocolate when I crave it. I can bake a cake, cookies and brownies and devour it all in a few days.   Here is a great link to help you out (well two...
Legally and morally, your doctor cannot ask you to sign anything of the sort (well, at least not in Canada). The only time it would be an issue is upon admission to a school or public daycare and at that time, you would need to have an affidavit stating that it is either agaist your religious or moral beliefs. I would not sign it and if I were in your shoes, I would find a new doctor that is willing to have an open unbiased discussion with you in regards to your decision...
Our son loves his Bright Starts "Around We Go" stationary walker. We watched a youtube video and were sold. It wasn't easy to get in Canada, but sure was worth it. We can "pretend" to chase him and walk around with him holding our hands. At 8.5 months old he feels very proud of himself for being able to walk "without" our help and he loves to show us how well he does it.  
Do you have an excersaucer or bouncer? I know there has been a lot of controversy surrounding them, but when used properly they can provide the same physical stimulation experienced on walks and outdoor excursions. Our DS loves his and it helps to break up the monotony of the day. What about books or interactive games? Being a new mom I wasn't sure what to do with my DS and wanted to make sure that I wasn't holding him back in any way so I searched for things to do with...
Do you have an excersaucer or bouncer? I know there has been a lot of controversy surrounding them, but when used properly they can provide the same physical stimulation experienced on walks and outdoor excursions. Our DS loves his and it helps to break up the monotony of the day. What about books or interactive games? Being a new mom I wasn't sure what to do with my DS and wanted to make sure that I wasn't holding him back in any way so I searched for things to do with...
My son is 8.5 months now and at 7 months he would eat about 2 tbsp of infant cereal for an additional source of iron and then 2 ounces of fruits or vegetables. Since we were following the 4 day rule and feel that breast is best, we tried to not put too much emphasis on solid food as it was still relatively new to him. I allow him to breast feed on demand, but when I know that I want him to have solids - I will wait an hour after he last nursed. I did some research...
My DH and I both made the change to vegetarianism one month before I gave birth to our DS. Making the move to buy anything we could organically was the next push we made. Now, 10 months later, we feel better than we ever did. I find that we have a more varied diet now than before and once we started to question where our food came from or what is in our food - we realized that organic (non-GMO) was the only option for us.   Now, we have started excerising more...
I don't believe there is a fee other than purchasing the required curriculum. Here is a great link for Ontario. http://www.ontariohomeschool.org/   Good luck. I think you are making a great choice for your DD's education.
My DH and I used the Muskoka Midwives who were awesome. We actually met one mother who used the Orillia Midwives and her experience was vastly different. One major complaint she had is that everytime she had an appointment, it was with whomever was available so she never had the opportunity of developing a strong bond with her midwife. I on the other hand, had a primary and secondary midwife. The secondary only met with us when our primary was off or delivering. Other...