or Connect

Posts by DoulaGinny

There is also CAPPA - Childbirth And Postpartum Professionals Association - www.cappa.net    They certify Labor Doulas, Childbirth Educators, Lactation Consultants, Postpartum Doulas, Teen Pregnancy Educators, and Pregnancy Fitness Counselors.  They are second in size only to DONA and they are International!   They have a great scope of practice that allows you to teach and use the skills that you already possess to reach your community's needs in the best possible...
I've read the entire thread and thought about this quite a bit.  In my childhood, I had parents who were not paying attention most of the time, so I read whatever I could get to. But it was usually only reader's digest condensed books my parents had.  We went to the library and they let me get books from the adult side as long as they were ok with mom, which was usually no big deal as I was never choosing anything racy or "bad."  But I started reading at 3 and was always...
Big box of waterproof fabric for baby's diaper covers!   All kinds of cute designs!   Waterproof coating on inside and design on soft fabric outside!   There are 16 - one yard square pieces and a multitude of scrapes ranging in shape and size from 14 inches X 7 inches to much smaller.     There are also some small scraps of baby flannel!     Scraps are great for home-made maxi pads, breastfeeding pads, oven mitts, pot holders, and so much more!  They make...
Box of bulk patterns of baby waterproof fabric - waterproofing on inside and designs on outside.  PM me if interested!
All kinds of baby designs.  Waterproof coating on inside and design on outside.  Many, Many 1 yd blocks.  Perfect for WAHM diapers!  Want to sell in bulk!  PM me for more info!
Here is some info I've been gathering for my clients and for my childbirth education classes.  Thought you might find it helpful since I didn't see a thread on it recently.  :)  If anyone has anything that is more up-to-date than what I have here, please let me know!  (doulaginnymills@gmail.com)  I want to give my clients the best information possible!  Thanks!  :)     When done properly, carrying a baby in a soft baby carrier can be safer than carrying a baby in...
Have you hired a doula?  Having a doula who has worked with VBAC's before and who is knowledgeable in Childbirth Education would be the best thing for you right now.  You would have your own coach and birth professional in your corner educating you through this!  Look on the many Doula Search Websites or go through www.CAPPA.net or www.DONA.org to find certified Doulas near you.     CAPPA is the Childbirth And Postpartum Professionals Association which trains and...
  That's it exactly!  Unfortunately, doctors think they can control their patients better that way by forcing your hand and cornering you.  But they do it in such a way that makes them look better than they are.  Go to www.vbacfacts.com and get all the info you can.  She has a wonderful site with tons of up to date info and advice!  And you can facebook her "Jen VBACfacts Kamel" and she has a group on facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/vbacfactscommunity/    Get...
http://www.doula.com/dads_and_doulas.shtml   http://childbirthfamilyeducation.org/cfe/ArticleDoulaDad.htm
I apologize.  I was trying to open a dialogue about labor support with pregnant moms to learn from them.  Again, I was only trying to be helpful.  Not invasive.  :(