or Connect

Posts by kathipaul

I am going to try this again. I 've learned a lot and would like to continue. This time, no personal anecdotes from me. I don't believe in punishing children because it only tells them that there is an adverserial relationship and that the big people have all the power. Children don't learn from their mistakes this way. I think consequences might be ok but I am still debating this one. It, of course, depends on the age of the child, the action, and the...
Quote: Originally Posted by mamadawg I think calling an action immature is different than calling a person immature. The latter would be namecalling. I wasn't calling the OP immature, but I think what she did was a tad....well, you get the idea. Substitute any other word you like in there, Snowy Owl. But deleted her posts ruined a very good discussion, IMO. Then, why don't you start a spin off thread?
I would like to point out that this is rule number one here at MDC: Posting in a disrespectful, defamatory, adversarial, baiting, harassing, offensive, insultingly sarcastic or otherwise improper manner, toward a member or other individual, including casting of suspicion upon a person, invasion of privacy, humiliation, demeaning criticism, namecalling, personal attack, or in any way which violates the law. I think that some of us, myself in included, forget this...
Quote: Originally Posted by kavamamakava I think Kathi wants people to answer the question in the title and maybe that's why she feels her posts in this thread are irrelevant. :/ YES!!! I've been lurking and sending pms but I have to say YES that is exactly how I feel. I never asked for any specific info related to my life. I never said I was pro punishment and consequences. I am actually opposed to punishments and have only experimented...
All right, now I am pissed off and am going to sign off for a while. I am also deleting all my posts so that future readers don't feel the need to misinterpret my writing and pass on their own judgements. I just don't understand why people feel the need to make comments and offer advice where it is unsolicited. I know that I am a new parent and learning and trying new things and I do not need to be reminded of my mistakes. I am painfully aware of them and always...
This is a fun thread but boy do I feel old! I was in high school when cabbage patch dolls, smurfs, and rubix cube came out. My fave toys were: my books but my Nutcracker Suite Barbie was definitely a close second. I took ballet and loved to make her twirl around in her lovely Swan Queen outfits. I also loved the games Clue and Life The best toy I ever had in early elementary school was my hippity hop! i just got dd a bouncy pony, very similar. Brings back...
I am deleting all my posts.
I am deleting all my posts.
Quote: Originally Posted by Destinye Thanks for the reminder, I have both books but have not really studied the toddler section, I read it before I even dreamed of this stage. She is quite the charmer too, and extremely smart, but definitely high needs. I dread to think what happens to these children when not raised in an AP way though. My dd and I are very similar and my upbringing was not GD. I grew up resentful, depressed, and snuck...
I had a fussy, high needs baby who grew into a lovely, smart, charming, fussy, high needs toddler. I found Dr. Sears "the fussy baby book" and "the discipline books" to be very appropriate and easy to read.