or Connect

Posts by livinglife

Hi my3beasties, and welcome here to this forum.  I completely respect your desire to not use meds if you can find other methods to help.  I am so glad you found Dr. Mercola's website.  I learn so much there that has helped my family.   O.K....about the team....take a deep breath.  You may have to call a team meeting and go over the home approaches that you use that are most effective.  Show them, tell them why they work for him, and then, you just may have to have an...
Velveeta, I don't have a lot of time, as I'm about to pick up my daughter, but, I just wanted to take a minute and acknowledge that I've been there, not in the exact same way but in the place of needing to forgive myself.  Yes, you acted in the exact way you want your oldest not to react, but, out of fear, you needed to get his attention, to get him to stop potentially harming your other son's ears.    When you make a mistake you have to let the dust clear.  Keep a quiet...
Wow, I just want to take a minute to acknowledge you....I am incredibly impressed with your emotional honesty.  Your two daughters are lucky to have you.  I also give motherhood big priority because my parents got divorced and my dad raised us with my mom out of the picture.  It's a long story, but, when I had my own children, I wanted to be the kind of mother I didn't have.  I totally understand your desire to get things right and how hard on yourself you may...
To answer your original question, of how do you love someone when they give you so little back....?   She has certainly taught you an enormous amount.  How has she taught you?  I'd guess she taught you patience, understanding, and how to receive and give love in unfamiliar uncomfortable ways.   My son has taught me that I can sometimes be impatient, lack understanding and tolerance.  By acknowledging that in myself I admit that I am human.  I forgive myself.  I am less...
I haven't been part of this dialogue, but, I just wanted to point out, probably what you already know, but that if she functions well in school and can organize herself well there, she does NOT have ADHD.  Contemplating giving her a medication to help her function better at home seems counterintuitive to me.  Children use the medication to help them keep it together at school and then, the meds naturally wear off at the end of the day, causing behavioral issues at home. ...
Pattimomma, statistically girls are less likely to be autistic, have ADHD or have sensory integration issues because the higher amounts of estrogen that wash through their bodies and brains have a protective effect over environmental toxins and triggers.    The field of epigenetics is the study of how environmental triggers alter how our genes express themselves making even identical twins different.  This field of study is looking very closely at why in some people...
Earthmomma, it's your choice whether you want to try the remedy.  I can't prescribe although I'd love to be a homeopath one day when I grow up :)   If arsenicum is a good remedy for you it will help you feel less anxious and put in perspective that "one bite" of something won't kill you, isn't "the cause" of something etc.  That kind of thinking isn't going to help you make positive changes that will support your pregnancy either it will just sap your strength!  But it...
Interesting reaction!  My son's pediatrician didn't say she wouldn't support it the diet, but, she also didn't claim it was her right to say what kind of diet my son was on.    You don't need your pedi to sign off on how you feed your child but I'm sure you know that :)   However, over the years, I have shared information with my son's doctor about food, supplementation and homeopathy and how they've impacted all of our health for the better.  She's known us now for 11...
We've all been gluten and dairy free in my house for almost three years.  I'll add to the information above that being on the diet has also improved my son's health in wonderful ways.  He is less reactive to his environmental allergies and NO longer has asthma. 
Pattimomma, I wanted to chime in too and offer something that could help.  My first is on the spectrum, is a boy,  and five years later when I became pregnant with my second I went through a similar process that Earthmomma did.  I ran through the "list" of all the potential factors that could have contributed to my son's later developmental difficulties and I tried to eliminate them in my daughter's pregnancy to the degree that I stopped eating gluten and dairy while...