or Connect

Posts by mamapenguin

This will have to be brief for now, but here are a couple of thoughts... I could have written your post, with the exception that my husband is also extroverted, so when he is home, that takes some of the pressure off.  Although after DD goes to bed, my husband wants to talk, which is the last thing I feel like doing.  I also find the constant noise and movement exhausting.  What I have found helps me is taking my daughter to the playground every day and pushing her on the...
There are usually specifications about the size that the stroller has to fold down to - our jogger wouldn't have met the size specs.  At security, I always have to unload the stroller, fold it up, and put it through the x-ray scanner.  Something small, light, and easy to fold and unfold while juggling baby and bags is ideal IMO.  I bought an inexpensive, lightweight stroller (basically an umbrella stroller, but a bit beefier - it has a canopy, a basket, and slightly...
That sounds like a very strange policy... what airline are you flying?  I've never had a problem gate-checking a stroller - it's always been waiting for us when we get off the plane.  I've even gate-checked the stroller and car seat (we were hoping for a spare seat to install the car seat, but turned out the flight was full, so we gate-checked at the last minute).  
Just wondering if anyone here has some wise words to share:)  My DD is 37 months and still nurses when she wakes up in the morning, before nap, after nap, and at bedtime.  She shows no signs of slowing down.  I, however, am at the point where I feel like I have to limit nursing for my own sanity - hence the 4 times a day plan.  Her latch has also been going to hell, despite my best efforts at re-training, and my nipples are getting sore.  She whines for nursies regularly...
Hemp milk does have a fairly strong flavour.  I haven't tried adding juice, but my daughter is more willing to drink hemp milk when I add a bit of cinnamon and a drop of maple syrup.  Mind you, we don't use hemp for our primary milk source, it's more of an occasional thing - "cinnamon milk" had become a treat around here.  
There have been lots of great suggestions already - I would also vote for the Little Bear and Frog and Toad series, which both have longer, more interesting stories but are still very gentle.  My daughter loves Jan Brett books too - The Hat, The Mitten, The Three Snow Bears, The Trouble with Trolls - the stories have an interesting level of suspense, and the illustrations are really beautiful.  She's also enjoyed the Elsa Beskow books that we've tried so far - Children...
Just wondering if anyone has experience with starting their high needs toddlers in playschool.  My husband and I have been talking about enrolling our DD (who is almost 3) in playschool 2 mornings a week.  I could really use a break (I'm a SAHM) but I have some reservations about this.  DD is very anxious and transitions are really difficult.  To be honest, the thought of having to get her out of the house and to school by 9am sounds daunting to me - routine stuff like...
We've had an increase in pickiness around here too.  My DD doesn't like meat, but she always used to eat fish.  She still does sometimes, but it is more hit and miss these days.  Some ideas that I use for meals/snacks are vegetable-based pancakes (she really likes zucchini pancakes - I know a good recipe if anyone is interested), sweet potato oven fries, edamame (she prefers the kind that is still in the shells so she can squish them out), roasted kale chips, avocado...
Your situation sounds very similar to mine.  My DD is 34 months old, and is very resentful of any attention that I give to, well, anyone/thing besides her.  Or if I try to have her papa watch her while I do something alone, like have a bath.  She also talks loudly and whines when he and I try to talk, and lately she often hasn't wanted him to talk to her or touch her.  She speaks very well, so it's perfectly clear when she says something like "excuse me papa, but mama...
Yes, we have this issue with drawing too.  We have an easel and crayons/markers that are available all the time, and every once in a while (usually while I'm busy making dinner), my daughter will draw something on her own.  However, if I'm available, then it just turns into DD dictating what I should draw.  Sometimes I don't mind, but often I get really frustrated - if I ask her to draw with me, she gets upset.  If I stop drawing, she gets upset.   If I really want...