or Connect

Posts by lilysamsma

Holy Moly! I have been mia for soooo long. Mine were born earlier than the Feb MoMs to be that I kind of dropped off the face of the earth it seems! Molly and Emma G.estational age upon arrival:31w Fraternal/Identical: ID Time in in hospital (if applicable:6 weeks. Growing and learning to eat. No major issues thank goodness. Anything else you want to share: They were always fussy and FINALLY I figured out they have a milk protein sensitivity. Since eliminating all...
I had my girls last Sunday (12-9) at 31 weeks. Emma Ruth was born @10:10 weighing 3lbs1oz and.Molly Esther came a minute later and weighed 3lbs 4oz. Both girls.are.doing amazing! Because.of their new monoamniotic status, they were.going.to.be born at 32 weeks, but an ultrasound at 30+4 showed Molly's heart was showing signs of working too hard (slight thickening and little fluid) so.they decidednitnwould be better to take them earlier while they were still looking...
Thank you! There are a lot of points i want to.answer, but i may miss some. I let them test my sugar today with a promise from my dr that they.will nOT change my diet. My levels so.far today have been fine, and i have been eating normally. I am.not truly bed bound---just room bound, which is.super annyoing since at this point i.don't see how confining me is doing anything. I am allowed a wheelchair ride with family once a day and when.they.do.come, i go.away...
Oh---about the.membrane again----i.had two.amnioreductions almost four weeks.ago. He did not go.anywhere.near.the.membrane. BUT, there was some.separation.of the chorionic(???)membrane (up.against my.uterus)...it was.a.little.separation, nothing.too.horrible, but they were watching.it.(apparently.it.raises the risk.of.ptl). It.also.was.nowhere near the intertwin.membrane, but maybe it.somehow.had.something.to.do.with.it???? The dr doesn't have...
The membrane is really really gone. It.is.all.kind of.bunched up.next to baby a. Baby a also.had.murky fluid (maybe.b/c it was low.and.concentrated???) and.it.was.easy to.see the membrane b/c of the obvious color difference....and it is all one color.now. i have had three bpps since then...and.sadly, there is.no.membrane . Today they were batting around an umbilical.cord, which would.be.cute if.it weren't indicative.of.the situation. I.would.be questioning.it.also,...
Sorry about weirdo.typing.....i am.on a phone and.it. is being weird. I have.other points as well, but that.is.enough for.now. they are putting the.pressure.on.me and.i.do.not.like.it. i.honestly believe.that this.diagnosis.is.incorrect....and.even.if.it.were.correct, i.don't.think.it.would.matter.given.the.situation, which.is basically really.really unusual. Membranes.don-t just break. The ttts was nervewracking.enough....but now.i.have.to.worry about their.cords. ...
I have been mia a while, but wanted to update everyone; also i am seeking opinions from.other like.minded.mamas about gd in my specific situation. This will be long---fair warning. I am 29+4 today. I was diagnosed.with ttts in early november. I.ended up being admitted and having two amnioreductions as i.was GIANT with fluid and.couldn't breathe and baby a had abnormal.doppler readings. After the second amnio, everything stabilized. No.more.bad dopplers, fluid...
Prior to 14w is said to be the best time to.determine chorionicity. If they can't tell.for sure, they should treat the rest of the pregnancy as if they were mono/di.
Sorta Crunchy, if you have mono-di twins, you should NOT go from 20-24 weeks without a scan. I hate to be a debbie downer(i have been staying away from.here for that reason), but ttts can pop up any time and it can happen with no.warning. At my 20w scan there was no evidence of anything other than a perfect mono-di pregnancy. At 22w they saw the polyhydramnios and i have been frequently monitored since then. No.size discrepancy in the babies at all. They still have...
I like William a lot. I vetoed it for my ds (Samuel) because DH is a William Jr. (i actually like their names quite a bit) and i just could not stomach a "third". Too hoity toity for me. Dh wanted to change the middle name and make it new, but i wasn't on board with that for some.reason. Still working on the names here. Names are soooooo hard for me. We may be making progress though.