or Connect

Posts by Starflower

Subbing. I'll post something when I have more time, but I liked your post and I have an only.
1. My mom and DD are making a cake right now that looks like a toilet, complete with yellow jello for inside the bowl. They are using a cookbook called "Disgustingly Delicious: Hilarious treats to freak out your friends."   2. I have a terrible headache right now where they did my surgery. The pain meds aren't doing much today, so I guess I have to call the nurse soon.   3. My mom took my dog out for a walk today. He was so happy.   4. We got new-to-us...
I would start with the furnace and anything that affects the safety of your home. (We had our furnace go out two years ago in February - not fun.) And if the deck is hazardous because it's got rotten boards, I'd put that on the early list as well.   We have a ton of stuff on our list, but mostly we are behind on keeping the house in decent shape so anything really cool or fun seems to have to wait. Last year, we ended up needing a new roof which was very expensive...
I was thinking the same thing. Hopefully your friend is just the kind of person who thinks out loud while under stress. It was not reasonable for you to go to a wedding after spending the night in the ER. I'm glad your DH passed the stone and is OK now.
I found "Playful Parenting" to be a very helpful book. I learned a lot of playful ways to engage with DD so we were able to try to start doing the Plan B stuff in the "Explosive Child" book.
Thanks, everyone.   I got out of the house today and helped address some fliers for a belly dance retreat my teacher/friend runs in August. And tomorrow (Friday), I go back to the nurse to hopefully get the rest of the staples out. I am looking forward to it now that I know it's not so scary or painful to have them taken out. Plus they're driving me up the wall. I'd really like to be able to lay on my left side for at least a little bit.   This morning when I got...
I think this one looks pretty dormant. You might want to start a thread in "Special Needs Parenting" forum. I have seen several there which were relevant to my situation (childhood anxiety/depression). You are not alone. Hang in there.
Thanks for the clarification of agnostic and atheist. Very interesting. I love language.
UPDATE:   I went for staple removal and pathology report today. I got some of the staples out but not all them. The incision still healing on part of it. I go back Friday to hopefully get the rest of the staples removed.   I saw the doctor too, and had expected to have results on the pathology report, but apparently I have a difficult case because the pathology is coming back as inconclusive at this point and they have sent everything to the Mayo Clinic for...
It sounds like you are a compassionate person. You alone have been there for her. It sounds like you value friendships highly and don't throw people away. Are you afraid if you let her go, then something bad will happen to her and you'll feel guilty because you left her like everyone else?   It sounds like it is time to leave her. You say she wants you to pick up the pieces. People can only pick up others to a point, then it's time for the other person to pick...