or Connect

Posts by Starflower

My DD is super picky and sometimes will only eat certain things. During these times, I just feed her what she will eat, but I do understand how frustrating it can be to try to feed someone who refuses to eat. At this point, I don't think I'd be concerned about an attachment to a particular game and the cereal bowl. It doesn't sound that weird to me. If she just wants to eat yogurt and fruit, let her eat those things.   In the meantime, you may want to check out some...
1. I like reading these little snippets of peoples' lives on this thread. 2. Sometimes I just want to hug everyone. 3. My head hurts a bit today near my stitches - but yay! they come out today! 4. Sometimes I am amazed at how much we all judge one another - especially on the internet/FB. But it's heartening to see some love being spread around to counter some of the nattering. 5. I am going to watch a documentary tonight called "An Unfinished Film."
1. My dog is sleeping on the floor next to me. 2. Tomorrow I find out what kind of tumor the doctor took out of my head a week ago. 3. I'm glad my mom is here helping me recover but it was good to get out with DH tonight. 4. I hope I can sleep OK tonight. 5. DD is still way ahead of me in reading Harry Potter.
Thank you.   I am getting my pain meds sorted out OK now so I don't feel sick anymore. However, this weekend, I was rather depressed. Mom is still here and a friend stopped by yesterday but I have been feeling very isolated. I am used to being very independent so I am feeling stuck right now. I know this is fairly normal but I still don't like it.    DD is still dealing with things fairly well. I go tomorrow to get the staples out and to find out what kind of...
I am atheist and find science comforting, so I can't give the Christian perspective, but I just had brain surgery last week to remove a tumor from my skull. I did ask my friends for good thoughts, energy, prayers or whatever. I included the request for prayers for those who are religious. I mostly just wanted to share my scary situation so I didn't feel so alone. But I think praying gives people some sense of empowerment in a powerless situation. They want to help and...
I didn't see Mel Gibson's movie, but I went to a Methodist church as a kid. In youth group, we watched a film once about the crucifixion and they showed them pounding the nine-inch nails into Jesus' palms. It wasn't super gory but it was very disturbing. And it was such a common practice. It wasn't like Jesus was the only guy up there dying that day.   Our previous UU minister had some very interesting things to say about Jesus and what the real meanings behind some...
Thanks, everyone.   I'm not sure what my recovery time is expected to be yet. I will find out the official pathology report next Tuesday so we'll know more then. At this point, so far it's just surgery. Two weeks with help (Mom) and then another two weeks minimum of being mellow. I think she said 4-6 weeks for surgery recovery. Might need radiation or such too but we don't know yet. So far they think it's not cancer - I really hope it isn't. That scares me a lot. But...
Thanks, everyone.   I am lucky that my tumor was within an inner skull bone rather than in my actual brain. The tumor was just starting break through the bone to touch my brain, I think, but was not yet putting pressure on it. So that was really good. My surgeon didn't even have to open up the cover to the brain so my surgery was a bit less complex than many she has to do. I think this might help me think clearly and will make my recovery easier than others. I didn't...
I would definitely have a problem with someone who wanted to draw me out and then leave me hanging when she was "done" with me for the time being. It's a lot for me to let myself be seen and I can see how you would have felt used in a situation like that. It sounds like you have a good perspective to re-frame your expectations about this person though. Don't feel bad about a little pity party. A little one once in awhile is OK.   Nice to "talk" to you on here. I've...
Hope it's OK to join in here a bit late. I am home recovering from surgery from last Friday, the 21st - I had a bone tumor removed from between my left eye and my brain. I'm feeling a bit isolated today because normally I am very active and get out a lot. I'm an introvert so it's mostly OK but I have been kind of lonely today. I would really like to go somewhere but I am not physically ready to do so yet. My mom is in town to help me out and take care of DD and drive her...