or Connect

Posts by Starflower

Thanks for the replies. I'm doing mostly OK. I will probably make an appointment with my therapist soon to discuss some of the family issues and to hash over my own recovery stuff. I've also advised my mom and dad to see a therapist to help them sort through the stuff with my brother. I am aware that I can't fix it. I hope they can find some realistic boundaries for themselves because they are suffering. I think they could use some outside help.   For my own stuff, I...
I just read your thread. Sorry you are going through this. My friend cared for her mother for about 8 years; it totally took over her life and when her mom passed, in a peaceful, well-thought out way, my friend still got flak from people in her family about how she had handled things. Her sister didn't even help her and my friend was overwhelmed. She was close and at peace with her mom. That was what mattered - not what "others" thought about everything later.   It...
Hugs to you marimara. If you enjoy this person sometimes, could you possibly just let it be a "sometimes we do something fun together kind" of casual relationship? If she's s drama queen, that would be a red flag, I think. But sometimes it seems like the extroverts need to let it all out and then they are done processing. Whereas, innies seem more likely to be processing on our own.   But if you are opposite in T and F on the Meyers-Briggs, that could actually affect...
I NIP'd without a cover because DD would not tolerate being covered. I did try in the beginning, but DD's needs made me get over being shy. She was a total nurse-o-matic for so long. And while in the end, I decided that I preferred to nurse openly, I don't care if other moms use covers. I might have liked them if they hadn't seemed so cumbersome. I just couldn't seem to get coordinated enough with the cover. lol   Heck, I used to nurse my toddler at the kiddie play...
Hi introvert mamas! Hope everyone is doing well. I have typed here and then deleted before posting several times. (No big surprise there, eh?) But the introverted mamas thread is one of my favorite places on MDC. So I wanted to to everyone.   I feel like I have been learning how to navigate the waters a bit with the extroverts. If we connect and it's not a deep as I am used to, I am able to realize it's probably good for them and to adjust my expectations more...
FYI: Background info is long....   I am a homeschool mama of one intense DD with anxiety. I have had multiple health problems in the past but in the last year I have been making huge strides in my health, both mental and physical. I turned 40 in December and I feel like I've been having a personal renaissance. Things were going very well until I had a bad headache on one side for 7 days straight.   My ND is very cautious and ordered a CT scan of my head. Good...
Adele - your UU Easter sounds very nice. Ham sounds really good right now, too. Hmmm.....   I think the Christian story of Easter is pretty freaky for kids. I remember finding it disturbing as a child. One of my nurses in the hospital said everything goes back to pagan roots anyway, which I agree with. My mom wrote "Happy Easter" on my hospital room white board and DD brought her basket to show me. I did the shopping a few weeks ago - she knows her bunny and thought...
Thanks. I am still in the hospital but they have wi-fi. Yay! The neurosurgeon removed most of the tumor and preliminary results were reported as "good as can be" and hopefully benign. Might have a few cells left because it was in the bone and since it is a structural bone between the eye and brain, she was not able to remove as much extra bone as she would have liked. So I may end up with some further treatments. Not sure when I get out of the hospital. Had hoped by...
Thanks, Adele   I had a good meeting with the minister. She confirmed what I had already pretty much decided: that we will become "friends" rather than members of the church for now.   Gotta go braid DD's hair so I can get us all to bed. Have to get up super early tomorrow.
I've decided to give our church another try. I posted on the thread a few months ago that I was thinking about leaving because our church didn't seem to be meeting our needs. While this is still true, I think am getting to OK with that. I was going to completely drop church. DH and DD don't really seem to miss it. DD hates RE, etc. Now we may be getting a new RE program and director that is more directed toward whole-life learning. I am hoping they hire someone else as...