or Connect

Posts by Starflower

Quote: I just got a book called "Mindset: The New Psychology of Success," by Carol Dweck, that addresses the exact issues brought up in this post.   http://www.amazon.com/Mindset-Psychology-Success-Carol-Dweck/dp/1400062756   I've read the first section so far and have read some of the middle parts. I think it helps explain a lot what goes on in people who are not confident - and how we can change that. I could relate to a lot of things in it, thought I originally...
I think therapy can have different goals, so it's possible that your previous therapy from 10 years ago was meeting some need and therefore was good, even if you can't pinpoint why.   In your current situation, I think you are on the right track by questioning it. You posed some excellent questions, that if you answer for yourself, may point you to an answer. Could you make a list of some of the things you'd like to accomplish through therapy this time? The answers...
Hi!   I had planned to nurse DD for one year and then see how things went. She ended up nursing for 6 years - her idea, not mine. We nursed in public until she was about 3 (and she was big for her age so she looked 4). Sometimes if people commented, I'd explain that we couldn't have dairy due to allergies and that shut them up. I think you'll find a lot of support for older nursers here.    
I'm not sure how often I change my personal vision, but it has definitely changed in the past few years, especially within the last 1-2 years. I am in the midst of a personal health crisis right now so it may be changing even more in the near future. I hadn't thought to formally write out a statement of my vision but it is something I think about often. I'm an introvert, so I spend a lot of time in my head.   I like what you've got so far, BTW.
I am really enjoying this thread. My dad was brought up very religiously and was going to become a minister. Once he started college he had to take a comparative religions class and he couldn't get his head around how so many different religions all had similar/different beliefs - how could he ever know his was the right one?   My brother and I were raised agnostically Christian. Mom took us to a Methodist church sometimes and one year youth group was cool but mostly...
I am going to make dairy-free chicken pot pie tonight. Very down-home, but my DH loves it.   I put leftover chicken and some par-cooked veggies into a pot. Then I make a gravy out of 1-2 T flour mixed with 1-2 T of Earth Balance margarine and a bit of salt. Make a roue with this and then add a cup or so of chicken broth. Stir it with a whisk and bring it to a boil. When it's thickened, I put it over the chicken chunks and veggies. Then I put a pie crust over it and...
I tried the Tom's a long time ago and it made me break out.   I use the Crystal Body Deodorant now. It definitely works for smells. Doesn't help with sweat though. I put it on after a shower and it works for at least 24 hours. Also, the actual crystal lasts a very long time so it ends up being a good deal. I would recommend trying it out.    
This works well with dogs. The behavior/training place we went to uses it and suggests it. We use it with our dogs. You need to do a quick squirt and say "no" to get their attention while they are doing what you don't want them to do, then redirect with a command. We use it mostly for when one of our dog gets into a barking fest with the neighbor's dog across the fence.   If your dog likes water, you can put a little vinegar in the water. This makes it unpleasant but...
38 weeks
Wilderness Awareness School, Duvall, WA Dedicated to caring for the earth and our children by fostering understanding and appreciation of nature, community and self. www.wildernessawareness.org   This organization trains adults and children/teens. Check out the links under Home Study. There are several nature schools in our area and many of them were trained by Wilderness Awareness School.