or Connect

Posts by Starflower

I don't know what type of allergy you are looking at, but you may consider seeing a naturopath. They can order testing for you.   I see an ND and an allergist. The allergy docs are treating my obvious allergies (cats, dogs, dust, pollens). I asked them to test me for milk and egg allergies at the same time and nothing came up. But if I eat those things, I have very specific (and uncomfortable) reactions so I know something is up. The ND supports me with this type of...
It sounds like you have a good plan. We have had to limit DD's reading at times as well.
sobamom - my parents thiink I'm weird and have told me this forever. I don't think it's from the introversion though- I just think very differently from them. I am positive that I am the only INFP in our family. I had my mom take the abbreviated Meyers-Briggs while she was here. She ended up something like mixed for extrovert and introvert pretty evenly. In fact everything on hers was fairly close - except the Judging vs. Perceiving. She was heavy on the J and I am very...
Our church starts OWL in K-1st. All the levels are age-appropriate. We had two versions of a story (one with more specific info) to choose from and it was decided by the parents of participating children to use the less specific version of the info on the the birds and bees because some parents were uncomfortable. We had to sit through a long meeting about what all would be covered and sign off on it. Everyone was extremely accommodating about personal beliefs and family...
I had an annoying experience at the doctor's office today. I take allergy shots and after a shot, I have to wait in the office for 30 minutes to be monitored just in case of an adverse reaction. That's fine. I like to read or do crossword puzzles or surf the internet on their wifi. But today there was another patient who was just loud and annoying. It started at the front desk. She was being pushy IMO. They accommodated her to get her to shut up. Fine.   But then...
sobamom - Sorry to hear your family is trying to use your disclosure as an introvert against you. Have you read "The Introvert Advantage" or "Introvert Power?"   I would suggest reading them and then passing on "The Introvert Advantage" to your parents. ("Introvert Power" is good but a little more "in your face" about it.) In the meantime (or if they wouldn't read a book about introversion), find some good introvert articles you like online and share them. Maybe...
Thanks, artgoddess!   Aeress - I've bookmarked you blog and will read more later.   ziggy - Sorry to hear you've been having icky life situations. I hope the move helps even things out for you. It sounds like having many churches to choose from and UUs you already know in Boston will help ease your transition.
Kaby - I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.  
My DD is 7 and she saves trash (like chip bags, broken hair ties, etc.) as well. And she has a huge fear of letting go of clothing - even if it's way too small, uncomfortable and/or full of holes and she never even liked to wear it. I have been planning to make a memory quilt but she wants every piece of clothing she's ever had to be in it. In fact, she wants to keep clothes I've picked up at Goodwill for her to try on but didn't fit. She also wants to save things for...
Nice to read about everyone's UU experiences here. I am still sort of in questioning mode about staying with our church (have been there 10 years now). But I am getting closer and closer to leaving. I have questions about that, and I wanted to ask you mamas about it.   Background:  We live less than 5 minutes from a UU church where we are members. I was heavily involved in volunteering there (even on the board) until last February when I started making life changes,...