or Connect

Posts by Melinda77

Quote: However, my experience has been that dogs stay away until the baby starts to make noise. Then, they're all over it. : Joey (brit and boarder collie mix) stayed outside a lot, coming in to check on me here and there, but never seemed bothered by any noises I made. Once baby cried, she was at the back door (which was open for her) pointing and whining - she really wanted in, but also seemed to not want to enter my "den". After the crew...
I've been thinking about this too, after my son's recent homebirth. When I was expecting, my mom reminded me (again, as she did with each of my pgs) that for her, the MOST comfortable way to push was semi-reclined, feet resting on the stirrups so that when she lifted her head during a push, her knees were near her ears. She said again and again, that it was the best place for her, and that pushing that way, I was out easily. So, here I was, at home, with a pool...
thanks for reading our story hope your cake came out ok! you all are making me blush it was an awesome experience, but with noone to tell me I couldn't do it, I just kept going, kwim? as for the lovin', well that's what happens, I guess when my dh reads Ina May's guide with me, along with some of Our Bodies - he came away with the understanding that the same hormones and stuff that help create the baby also help get it out. Ina May *does* suggest kissing, and...
6/13/06 5am - It's a cool morning, and I'm feeling good. Davin is amorous too, and we get in some nookie, with me teasing him, "hope you're ready for this baby, this will likely bring on labor!" 7am - Get up to pee and lose mucus plug, insist that Davin carry his cell phone at work, and left a message for midwife as a head's up - if this is anything like the end of my other pregnancies, this was the first sign and I'd be in labor with in 18 hours or so. I also call...
Well, I had to NOT push for hours with this baby. The "urge" is exactly like "throwing down" my body was doing it on it's own, BUT, I also had the "urge" to go along with it, and actively push, kwim?? I did pant, and blow horse-lips to try to get through those contractions, but sometimes I couldn't NOT push, but I'd still try to push HARD - not sure if this makes sense. I mean, my body was getting the baby down and out, but I wasn't going to give in to the desire to...
I am planning a HBA2C, and the only part I leave out for the odd aquantance, is that my first 2 were c's. If they ask which hospital, I just rub the tummy and grin and say "we're having this baby at home!" And I must come across fairly confident, because I realized some moms at my son's school later assumed that I must have birthed at home before (I did set them straight, and one was especially impressed that you could "do that" after surgical births, impressed in a...
We went camping last weekend, and I was having a *real* hard time dealing with this big body. Everyone went on their normal mountain bike rides, and I couldn't go I tried taking the little kids and dog on some good walks, but I couldn't even keep up with the big/little kids, and then I got swollen and icky...BLECH! I kept remembering the trip we took at the beginning of this pg, way back in October, when I could still ride my bike, and keep up, etc. Not too long now,...
It worked for me! With my last pg, I had been temping to avoid pg, then to concieve her, so I had my trusty bbt thermometer. I started temping 2 weeks before my edd, to get a "baseline" and I had a noticible DROP the day I lost my mucus plug, and I was in a good labor pattern by 11pm that night, water broke at 2am...etc. Oh, and I was NOT consistantly getting 3 hours before temping time, but found I had a good baseline and readable drop before labor anyway, and...
With both my previous labors, my water broke at the start of active labor. I had been in early labor after losing my plug, all day, and both times my water broke around 1-2am. I too really liked the "signs" I had for labor - losing the plug, then water breaking to sort of confirm things. Although, the best confirmation was my father the 2nd time, we were visiting him and after being over there for a bit, he turned to dh and said "you might want to head home and...
I've only gained 3, and only since the m/s let up around 13 weeks (so, a pound a week now that I'm eating real food again). However, in my previous pgs, I had gained between 10-15 by this point.