or Connect

Posts by AnahataChakra

So glad to read this thread, I am in the January group.      Seriously these hormones are killing me!  I had a freak out on Monday and registered my 6 yr old for school at our neighborhood school which was so not my plan but I felt like an evil mother around her all the time, I was not keeping up on the homeschooling and she was bored and really picking on her brother...but now I feel guilty and weird about having her in a school that does not fit our...
You mentioned advent so I wanted to share this page of what we do...  http://www.livinginseason.com/at-home/advent-garden/
Lurking from january group  House of Peace it is so refreshing and funny to read your post.  I remember after my 1st was born and I was huge with one boob bigger than the other, leaking and engorged and just so sad about my breasts.  Now I am mostly used to it but I hate how uncomfortable I am in a bra and I do sometimes wear the uniboob smashed nursing tops and say to hell with it I'd rather be comfortable than look like I have two boobs that are somewhat presentable. ...
I agree about the bravados I am trying to get together some $$ to get one or two.. Here is my list:   To buy or make: cloth wipes bravado tank top wipe warmer more cloth dipes more mama pads(i like the happy heinys brand) baby seat or swing baby wash and baby towel amber necklace umbillical cord capsules arnica more capsules for my placenta geranium and lavender oil sitz bath stuff a cabbage for breasts after  some comfrey butt gel or...
birth as we know it link good info for support person to remind mama to stay calm move hips and breathe  but the video is a little strange.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZtYCHASqNM   december group have some good videos posted my blossoming family facebook page might have some good videos if you search through....googling Penny Simkin too she has some great videos and handouts
Ok funny title I know.  I know after all this time of thinking about food can get old.  Recently I have been super fired up about feeding the brain(s).  I think because I am starting to want the baby to come early(super uncomfortable) and I know that a lot of babies that are born early are simply starving so I feel the need to eat super healthy so that if my baby does decide to come early I don't feel guilty...I am so weird, I swear pregnancy seriously makes me loco. ...
I would ask your prenatal yoga teacher if she would do a partner prenatal class, reminding dad poses that are good, how to support physically and emotionally and for him to see whet you have been working on in class to prepare.  She might offer a private or group class if you tell her you need/want one.  There are tons of great videos for him to watch, when I have time I will try to link to some(I am a childbirth educator, prenatal yoga teacher and doula.  
Broke out a hand held mirror the other day and sure enough I have a huge varicose vein on my labia, I nearly passed out at the size and thought of it.  I am taking it much easier now, when I feel throbbing I lay down with my feet up because I have that nasty visual in my head, which thankfully makes me rest more.  I totally know why I got it this pregnancy and not the others.  I was sitting in the car commuting my daughter to school 80 min a day and then running errands...
thanks for the replies that makes sense about a varicose vein thing cause I have some on my legs, but mine is def. worse if I walk around all day I do need to rest more lying down..I will look up some herb teas that are helpful and see if that works..yikes I am so glad this is my last pregnancy even though I love newborns!  
Just thought I might recommend a nettle/peppermint tea or hot water with lemon for those of us that have trouble drinking cold water when it is cold out and the added benefits of the herbs are nice too.  I personally find if I make a huge jar of tea I am more likely to drink it all throughout the day.  Good luck to those of you on the challenge!