or Connect

Posts by Earthy Birthy

My conference registration is no longer available. If you'd like more info about the conference, please visit their website: http://trustbirthconference.com.
Was it really borderline pre-e or was it PIH? These are two different conditions that I have seen used interchangeably, but are in fact two separate issues. Gail Hart has compiled research on reducing the risk of pre-e in women at risk in her book: http://www.midwifeupdates.com/researchupdatesformidwives. I just happened to be looking for something else in there today before I came here. She discusses both dietary changes and supplements that have been shown to reduce...
Thanks for sharing. I have been reading so many "fast" UC stories lately--I'm hoping that it is preparation for my own fast labor and birth! Enjoy your sweet boy. They are so much fun and so different, huh? 
Personally, I don't come to MDC for debate. I can see having a forum just for that. I just wouldn't visit that forum, and I wonder if it would have the undesired effect of drawing more anti-NFL hostile posters. I have been dismayed to see more troll-like behavior and people who are just generally against UC posting on the UC forum since the more lax moderating rules took affect. It seems to have had the effect of slowing down the number of posts and completely driving away...
When I read your post, I immediately thought about a chart that my naturopath kept in her office. It is a Chinese medicine chart similar to this one: http://www.astrodreamadvisor.com/Qi-Cycle.html. I was having some issue that kept popping up at a very specific time of day, and we were able to figure it out and treat it using the chart as a guide. If you have an acupuncturist, it would definitely be worth discussing with her/him. Here is another link that discusses these...
  I was going to point you to Lisa's website too. She has a lot of information on breech birth on there, and some wonderful pics/videos. I also love how she refers to breech births as a "variation of normal". Attending her session at the Trust Birth Conference last year was amazing, and helped me realize that breech birth really is just another way that babies are born. Your baby still has a lot of time to turn, but meanwhile, I think that learning more about the...
Thanks for sharing your story. Did you attend a class or just use the cds?
BUMP    I'm interested in hearing hypnobirthing UC stories too. 
I'm sure you had an ultrasound after the bleeding episode. Actually, that brings up another question: was it just an episode or has it continued? Did the ultrasound reveal any placental issues? Many times with one time bleeding issues you never really do know exactly why it happened, and then things seem to resolve on their own. I'm wondering why you were told not to work for the remainder of the pregnancy though. Did your job require lifting/standing for long...
Subbing.    I've been to a few thrift stores in the Boulder area, but I would love to know some thrift/consignment shops to visit in Denver too.