or Connect

Posts by Earthy Birthy

Alarmist posts like this that have nothing to do with the OP's question are ridiculous. Your friend's situation has nothing to do with the situation that the OP is in. If you are anti-UC, please just stay away from this forum.     RubyLu, I concur with zoebird. It is really about how YOU feel about having a UC birth yourself that matters. I think that your concerns about being labeled high risk and all of the interventions that come with that are very valid. However, you...
If you are still looking, you can PM me. 
So true. Very nicely put.
Thank you for sharing that link! I love Susun Weed, and that was a wonderful read. I have been wanting goats for a couple of years now, and I will definitely refer back to this article once we start our little herd.
Nevermind.
Thank you for starting this thread, Jes, and the other one that started this discussion too. I can identify with so much of what you all are saying.    I have been a lacto-ovo vegetarian for more than 17 years--over half my life. For the past few years I have been questioning my food choices, and feeling like I might want to add some meat back into my diet. I've gone so far as to buy a whole, locally raised organic chicken, but then I found it so intimidating that I...
Thank you so much, Jamie. The belly belongs to me. It was painted at an Earth Day festival a few years ago by the most talented body artist I have ever seen. She did that in about 15-20 minutes without even looking at a map. I just wish I had better pictures!   I have actually been a CPM for almost seven years now. As a midwife though, I feel like I will always be learning and evolving and helping to convince women to trust in their own bodies and abilities. I feel...
My family and I are undergoing a lot of (positive!) transitions right now. With all of the changes, I am feeling very unclear about my midwifery career. So my question for you, Jamie, is this--Do you see me continuing to be a midwife in Colorado or am I going to shift into another career/role with this move?   Thank you for sharing your gift. 
Congratulations!!! Enjoy that sweet little boy!  
Our family will be participating in a drumming circle at a friend's ranch. The energy at these gatherings is absolutely amazing, and I'm so glad that my kids get to be a part of it. After the ceremony we will have a potluck. :)   Thanks for sharing the Yule Faeries story, Rhianna! I'm going to share it with my kids. They'll love it! :)