or Connect

Posts by Earthy Birthy

Hi! Subbing and introduction. I am a tattoo loving midwife, and I have a few tattoos plus a sleeve in progress. I am super excited about the sleeve because A) it is gorgeous and B) it is a healing piece for me. On my forearm is a clover surrounded by two big purple roses, representing our first miscarriage (a baby girl we named Clover). A bodhi tree in bloom grows up from there, all the way up to my shoulder. This represents our baby boy, Bodhi, who we lost during the...
Quote: Originally Posted by MsBlack As far as I'm concerned, the OPs post makes me think of nothing so much as "Yet another reason to keep meddling hands OUT of a woman's yoni during labor!"
Quote: Originally Posted by karne I'm just wondering, for those familiar w/cloth pads, how they fare in real life? Do they shrink, fade, or get out of shape and ratty looking after being washed/dried? I love the lunapads site, and the teen stuff looks very cool, but I'd love some real world experiences! There are tons of threads about using cloth over on the Natural Body Care forum.
I have a 10 year old who is definitely showing some signs of beginning puberty. Here's what I'm planning for her (and yes, she is the type who will love the attention): *Buy a stash of cute organic cloth pads. I like these: Lunapads Organic Deluxe Teen Kit *A family dinner that week to celebrate dd and to have an open family discussion about menstruation. (I realize this wouldn't work for every family or every girl, but that's how we roll.) *Plan a simple red-themed...
I had flavored water once with apples and a stick of cinnamon. It was absolutely delicious!
I am so excited to see this!!! I came on this forum to see if I could find a natural parenting group or just some like-minded mommas to connect with in the Ft. Collins/Loveland area. My family and I are relocating to the area (again--we lived there for a short while when my oldest was born) next summer. I am a midwife and I also have a parenting group here called Parenting Naturally in the Panhandle. Anyway, I just wanted to say hi!
Also, I had a client last year who was experiencing a lot of discomfort with vulvar varicosities, and she got a lot of relief when treating with homeopathic bellis perennis. I've also read about (but never tried) epsom salt baths helping. This it totally OT, but when I was googling that remedy because I couldn't remember the exact name, I came across this study: The effect of the homeopathic remedies Arnica montana and Bellis perennis on mild postpartum bleeding--a...
Charlotte, I usually agree with your posts, but you left yourself open to that when you used that phrase. Trusting birth does not mean that nothing will ever go wrong. It simply means that a mother is the ultimate authority over her birth. Anyone else involved is just a consultant, and to me, one of the main parts of my job is to help women find that ability to trust their own intuition. Even if things seem to be progressing quite normally during a birth, if a mama says,...
I think that Gail Hart's article (which was just posted online today), Midwifery Today Responds to Study Questioning Homebirth Safety, is an awesome rebuttal to the conclusions that were drawn by this flawed meta-analysis. Gail Hart! And as an aside, I just have to respond to this: Quote: Originally Posted by Charmie981 I've often said (in person, not online...because I know there will be backlash) that I don't "trust birth." I'd much rather...
I had my baby at the hospital in Greeley, but you might just call their office and tell them your situation.