or Connect

Posts by StephManietta

I have been homeschooling my 4 kids ages 8, 5, 4, and 3, pretty much since birth in some form or another. This year we have just moved from CA to FL, and alot has changed over the last year (divorce, move accross country, DX of epilepcy for my 4-year-old) I love the idea of having the kids home with me, but it is just to much right now. My 8-year-old has been struggleing for some time. I am pursuing a DX of Aspergurs but for now they have said ADHD, bipolar, and learning...
Hi everyone!   I am looking for some guidance here. I have tried concidering all the pros and cons, and have gotten nowhere. I will start with some background information.   I am a single mom of four wonderful, challanging kids. My oldest is 8, dx'd at 4 with ADHD and ODD, I suspect he has Aspergurs though and am working on the evals. 5 year old DS, very energetic and super curious, 4 year old DS X30 weeker, recently dx'd with epilepcy for PVL. Starting PT,...
Thank you all for the great advice. I talked to the Neurologist today after more seizures over the weekend and they clarified why they are calling them partial onset seizures. It has to do apparently with what they saw on the EEG. The lady I talked to today was very helpful and didnt give me the feeling that she thought I was wasting her time by calling.
The MRI showed the majority of the VRS in the Right side, and she said the EEG showed something in the Left, she said that the two didnt match, but wouldnt elaborate. They dont ever seem to want to give me much info, like they are afraid of scaring me or something.   He has only been on Trileptal a month now, it is 300mg per 5ml. He takes 2ml 2x per day. He has not missed any doses. I have noticed alot of twitching while he sleeps since he started the meds. It...
Hello all, I am hoping you wonderful ladies can read my story and maybe give me some advice. I dont agree with the Neurologist on what type of seizures my 4 year old is having, does it even matter though? is it worth persuing and arguing with them? I also dont agree with the DX, I think it is a scape goat kind of dx so that they dont have to look anymore.   I will give you a little bit of back story to start with, sorry if this get long. My youngest son was born...
Hi everyone, I am newly returned her to MDC. It has been a few years.   My 4 year old has recently been diagnosed with Epilepsy and I have been all over the web the last while trying to find more information. I put "seizures" into the MDC search engine and alot of the post on vaccines have come up. I stopped Vaxing my oldest at about 18 months once I realized I didn't have to be bullied into it by the Ped. My 3 younger kids are vax free.   So I read alot of the...