or Connect

Posts by youngnhappymamma

None of us have eve gotten the flu shot and never will, for many reasons (a lot of the same ones that have already been stated.)  We wash hands and use essential oils both preventatively and pro-actively.  I am not afraid of the flu for myself or my family. 
I also have just about every type of baby carrier imaginable and I think there is a time and place for each one.  Most of the time, I use the Moby or Ergo.
I guess I'm not young anymore (I knew it was going to someday be a problem when I chose my username sooooooooo many years ago!  Dang!) but I am 34 and expecting our 8th baby.  :)
There are countless options for homeschooling!! And thus, cost varies pretty much as much as you want. We are ecclectic homeschoolers and just use a bit of this and a bit of that and a bit of unschooling...for my family of 4 "official" homeschool students right now, we spend about $400 or so a year on books and materials and then another couple hundred on museum/zoo memberships and stuff. A good starting point for you may be to buy the book "What Your Third Grader...
my dd's are pretty similar and I've never thought of them as "different" from other kids....I remember being similar myself. The fact is, if you send your kids to school, the things their peers do are going to be MAJOR influences...video games, movies, clothes, food, slang, interests...and seeking their approval. Kids are going to be influenced by their peers no matter if they attend school or not, but when it's a major part of their life (hours every day) then it is...
whenever I get to feeling this way, I know that stuff HAS to change....I think about the things that are really bothering me the most and come up with a plan to change them...usually it involves me being more consistant with the kids and more consistant with the house...but chanign my tactic in how I accomplish that helps me to get a fresh, new perspective on it all. good luck! You are powerful and can make any change you want!
I personally feel like 6 is WAY too young! If your dh is just a block away, couldn't your ds just hang out at his work for an hour....or you dh come home for an hour (maybe take a super late lunch or something?) I leave my 11 year old home for an hour or so sometimes, but still feel nervous about it...I feel like he is responsible enough not to do stupid things while alone (at 6, not sure the responsibility/reasoning would be there...) but worry about break-ins or...
I HATE the taste of rrlt.....I take capsules of rr, but I'm not sure if I'm taking enough (I take 2 a day right now, at almost 33 weeks along)...any recomendations? And is there anyway to do the huge amount of rrlt at the onset of labor with the capsules?
.....so hard that, since I had a falling out with my CNM and dropped her a few weeks ago, I haven't called and set up an appointment with a new care-provider yet. It's been about 6 weeks since my last prenatal...I am almost 33 weeks. I just am having a very hard time picturing myself giving birth in the hospital...not being in 100% control over my labor and my baby after he's born....and I'm still considering putting a homebirth on a credit card or something....but I...
Sounds like he is a bit stressed. I would make the environment more fun and up. I am constantly singing silly songs, making silly noises, chattering, involving, and trying to make light situations that I don't really want my child learning should be heavy...I want them to be resiliant and have the tools they need to go through hard/tough things without it being a huge, big, heavy dramatic deal. I'm sure I'm not explaining it very well.....it's hard to explain. In...