or Connect

Posts by youngnhappymamma

I liked that these new issues were brought up for my ds in this movie (ie seeing things he'd never really had any knowledge of before such as breaking a horse in, treating people badly for racial reasons, etc) because it was a great teachign opportunity. I think most of it went over his head, but we are planning on buying the movie when it comes out on video and we will be able to talk about it even more then.....it's great because it shows the way NOT to do things (ie by...
I usually feel the same way about not wanting ds to see a movie with guns in it, but I felt differently about this one. Mostly because it showed how *bad* guns are and how damaging they are. During the movie when the horse Rain (spirit's friend) gets shot my ds looked over at me and asked me what had happend and I told him that the man had shot the horse with a gun. As a kid who has been expirimenting with "gun" play recently (he's 3 1/2) I was very thankful for this...
Oh yeah...I totally liked that the animals didn't talk also!! But I think one of my favorite parts of the whole movie was at teh begining when spirit (as a young horse) came face to face with the big buffalo and the big buffalo smiled at him and stuff. If it had been a disney you know the buffalo would have been mean and stern. My kids are usually pretty sesitive about intense parts in movies and they did great with this one.
Has anyone else seen this movie?? I LOVED it!!! The kids (ages 3 1/2 and 2) loved it too, but not as much as i did. The music was great, the animation was wonderful, and the story was awesome!!!
It must totally be a developmental thing. My 3 1/2 year old ds does this and he wouldn't have known where to pick it up and doesn't know this is "baby talk" as we have never labled it, etc. It does bug me but we don't say anything about it and respond to him in the same manner as if he had talked "normaly".
We also LOVE this show!!! My kids and I often watch the re-runs during the day and then my hubby and I watch the new episodes on saturday night. Fun!!! I am the type who re-arranges furniture at least every month. I also would never want Doug or Hilde to do my room! I would choose Gennivieve or Vern. (nix the moss on the wall) My kids LOVE to pretend Trading Spaces. My three year old will say he is Alex McCloud (I don't think he likes Paige) and start humming...
Fiona Elizabeth was born yesterday morning (April 18) at 4am. 9 pounds 1 ounce and 21" long. She came out with her hand against her face! (ouch for me!) She is telling me it is time to nurse again or else she will just waste away. I will post birth story later.
I am due April 19th with our third baby. It will be a hospital birth with a midwife (like my other two). I am still really, really sad that we can't afford a homebirth. My three 1/2 year old son has been talking about his sister since before I even became pregnant.....so we will see what comes out! I have to admit that I have lots of "girl" clothes out and ready!!
My mom breast fed 4 out of 7 children. My oldest brother was born in 1960 and she nursed him (with much, much difficulty) until he was like 4 or 5 mnths, I think. She had zero support and said that the nurses at the hospital when he was born totally shunned her because she was nursing instead of formula feeding. She nursed my sister (next baby) until she became pregnant again when she was 6 mnths old and had bleeding nipples. Then the next two kids were twins born like...
My boys (ages 3 1/2 and almost 24mnths) are wonderful friends! They argue over stuff like any two small children would, but they genuinely love and care for eachother. One thing that I think has helped a lot is that ever since my second son was born I have told both of them that they are good friends and that they love each other. When they are playing together or something I always point out how much fun they have together and what wonderful friends they are and how...